“Great place”

The Bounty
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Great food, great service, great location, great prices and great time.

There are newer reviews for The Bounty

Reviewed May 17, 2012

good location, fast service .When you are in hurry good decision to eat there. Food nothing special

Reviewed March 3, 2012

very average touristic restaurant in a very crowded central area. IF you plan to eat here just arrive as early as possible and get a table outside towards the break of water, you will get the best table and the best service. after 8pm its crowded and the waiters will just ignore it.
Prices are below the average in town, but then again, not the freshest fish.

Reviewed January 27, 2012

I have travelled to the island of Hvar twice, in 2006 and in 2011. Half of my ancestors are from this island and I hope to visit it again. I travelled with my Uncle, Aunt and my cousin and on both occasions they have spoken most favourably of The Bounty. In fact they have visited this restaurant on every single trip they have made to Hvar to the point that the manager now knows them by name.

The food is wonderful! I visited The Bounty on two occasions in 2006 and to this day I maintain that the best green pepper steak I have ever had, was at this restaurant. On this last visit we had a Croatian favourite - The Peka - a dish which must be booked in advance as it is slowly cooked. It consists of roast lamb and vegetables and is absolutely magnificent.

We visited the Bounty twice during our tour of 2011. Aside from The Peka which we enjoyed under the stars in the harbour, our other meal was eaten inside the restaurant, which is now a smoke free zone, much to our delight! There are very few restaurants which allow non smokers to enjoy a smoke free meal!!!!!

I would recommend this restaurant for its ambience, its friendly service and its splendid food. Don't miss it!

Reviewed October 13, 2011

After a hard days travel we could not find the grand restaurant recommended to us and on impulse chose the Bounty to it in out of a host of other quayside restaurants. It was a fortuitous choice. The restaurant has tables set out on the harbour quay in a very attractive spot. The staff understood that we wanted to be near the water and remembered to move us to the appropriate table when it became free. My wife had the best fish risotto of our holiday. Good value.