“Best option in Hvar”

Ranked #56 of 147 Restaurants in Hvar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

The best option in Hvar if you want a good dinner for a fair price. The place is difficult to find and maybe you will have to wait if you go in August but you will have to wait in all good place in Hvar

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Our meal here for two cost approximately €30 so that is worth bearing in mind; if you want a cheap cheap meal in Hvar and you are willing to compromise on the fact that the food and service might not be as wonderful as other places, this is the place for you.

We shared a pasta dish to start which was decent enough. Our waiter then committed a massive faux pas in my book, in asking me to remove my dirty cutlery from the starter dish to be re-used for my main course. When I asked for clean cutlery, he didn't see what the issue was and just asked if I was expecting something else, and left the matter at that (my dirty cutlery from the pasta dish ready on the table to be re-used).

I had tuna for a main course, which seemed to have been criminally deep fried 'Glasgow Style'. As I cut through the fish, it was brown all the way through and chewy. My potato salad wasnt all that great either.

But as I said at the beginning, we were hungry and ate very cheaply, what do you really expect when you pay 15 quid for a beer and a meal? In hindsight, I think I would just go get a pizza in the main square next time for a cheap bite, I felt like this was a waste of a meal in a place abundant in great food spots.

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I are here three times during our stay. First meal was fantastic, we had the seafood platter and I thought it was one of the best meals we had in Croatia. Second trip was average. The thied trip however was a disaster. Our order was forgotten and the wait staff were all over the place. The food was also just about tolerable when it arrived. A real shame great when things are going well but busy periods expose cracks in service, poor management and very average food.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

A good choice on the menu and at a very reasonable price. A pleasant setting off the main street. The traditional Bussara was really tasty.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Plenty of atmosphere and a long wait for a table (when we first passed it) attracted us to this restaurant. The returned the following evening at a reasonable hour suggested by the waiter the night before. Everyone is sat outside in the open air, tables close together (we didn't mind that) but the atmosphere is electric.
We shared a swordfish carpaccio, which had a very delicate taste so was slightly dull.
We then shared a grilled fish platter, as the waiter told us a special fish had been caught that day and added to the spread, on top of the grilled prawns, squid, shrimp tails. It was absolutely delicious - stunningly cooked and with a lovely pile of grilled vegetables also.
We had the house wine, which came in an unlabelled bottle - possibly made locally?! It was pretty strong as we got a little accidentally tipsy that night! Taste was very unique but we loved it.
We also went back to Marinero on our last day for a plate of calimari; absolutely perfect.
Go here for good seafood which is honestly priced!!