“Worth visiting on a rainy day”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Aquarium

Aquarium
Ranked #4 of 18 things to do in Crikvenica
Vienna, Austria
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Worth visiting on a rainy day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

When the weather is not great, it is a good program for children: lots of types of fish, octopus etc can be discoverd here.

Visited July 2013

• Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Zrenjanin
118 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 167 helpful votes
“RETURN IN CRIKVENICA. VISIT AQUARIUM AND RESTAURANT TRABAKUL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

RETURN IN CRIKVENICA.
VISIT AQUARIUM AND RESTAURANT TRABAKUL

I'm back, actually stopped by, after many years in Crikvenica. This small town was once among the most famous resorts on the Adriatic coast, especially in the Kvarner Riviera. I was a long time ago, with her parents and brother lived here and went to school. And behold, I come after a big break in the place of my boyhood memories. In Crikvenica, which for decades, near Opatija, constitute a representative of the Croatian tourism.
Entering the town by car from Senj, who has an impressive warrior village past, from the time of Turkish conquest. I passed the New Vinodolski and the Selce. And the road leads me directly through the street where you once lived. Across the street from the stadium. The street names is different and everything is different. The city is spread out, built new hotels, resorts, travel facilities. The same is the sea and Krk island, opposite the town.
I pass through the port, in which, at one time, ships arriving from Rijeka but my little merchant boats filled with all manner of goods from Krk, vegetables, fish, firewood, cheese and wine. As I walk the long sandy beach to remember that these boats called "Trabakul " as it is called dance and one of the city's restaurants. I'm going to have lunch there but first I'm going to visit the Aquarium, which of course did not call there when I was a resident of Crikvenica.
I'm going to Vinodolska street, there is, in the city center, located "Aquarium Crikvenica." There is an unusual concept that this setting marine life. The diverse underwater fauna and flora are divided into 24 pools that their forms resemble the actual environment from which they come these specimens. They say that the aquarium contains over 100 species
living in the Adriatic Sea but there is also a considerable number of "guests" of the South Seas. The inscriptions show us that particularly interesting: moray, shark, catfish, lobster. While buying some souvenirs, I'm thinking that this Aquarium not as powerful as the one in Monaco, but was perhaps more interesting in their miniatures and unpretentious view of the Adriatic sea life.
To the meal, which will be lunch and dinner, leaving the hotel complex. I still remember there used to be a famous Esplanade Hotel. And what I find - the old building has been renovated but was added and thoroughly modern annex, Which was built by the standards of modern hotel management to satisfy all tastes of today's guests. We pass by the representative hotel “ Therapia “, one of thirty in Crikvenica and immediate surroundings.
While the neighboring island of Krk slowly overtakes redness of the setting sun, leaving on the Riva (the coast). My goal is " Restaurant Trabakul ”. We sit in the garden, covered with a blue cloth curtain, next to an old olive tree, which is still the middle of the coffee-growing territory. An environment which is very clean and comfortable, complemented fishing coastal tavern gives this meal glamour back to the time when the coastal sailing "karakuls" boats whose engines were working at the University, and in the deep bowels are accommodated whatever the environment is able to deliver the city's population. For this restaurant, fine-tuned to the ambience of a classic seaside tavern, one must, however, say that the interior is enriched with stylized skillful hand of the designer.
Since we are very hungry that day, we were good customers of the tavern. For an appetizer we ate ham, cheese and olives, as a prelude to the main course we tried
octopus salad and the excellent seafood risotto. Grill Tuna with the addition of spinach Dalmatian style, finished this a day in Crikvenica. The taste of olive oil, which seemed to be drained this summer, giving a distinctive flavor dish. Of course, there was the Chardonnay winery "Boskinac" from the island of Pag, as a goodbye to the road to Rijeka.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank TravelerZrenjanin
Senica, Trnava, Slovakia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Small but nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

We (I+wife+2 kids - 4 and 2 y.o.) visited the Aquarium in Crikvenica two weeks ago. It is really small but nice aquarium. We saw local and tropical sea fish. Kids liked the most: shark (about 1 meter long), small crocodile (see picture) and the favorite - Nemo (clown fish).
If you need to take children from the beach to small trip, take them here, they will really like it.

You have to park your car next to supermarket about 200 meters from there, because there are no parking places closer.

Visited June 2012