“Wonderful week at a unique hotel with delightful staff”
Review of Villa Pattiera

Villa Pattiera
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Cavtat
Reviewed June 1, 2014

My husband and I have just spent the last week in May at the delightful Villa Pattiera. Upon arriving at the airport to return home I realised I had left some hand luggage at the hotel. I telephoned from the airport and a member of staff immediately drove up from Cavtat to 'Departures' to hand over my bag - he wouldn't take any money and wished me a good journey. All the staff were friendly and efficient and made us feel we were welcome guests. The breakfast is excellent and Mikaela who served us each morning was so friendly and helpful that it was a really good start to the day. We also recommend the Dalmacija Restaurant, part of Villa Pattiera and ate several delicious meals there. The hotel is ideally placed in the old town, only a 2 minute walk (maximum) from the promenade, restaurants, post office, bank, bus station (for coach tours) bakery with an excellent, tasteful gift shop next door. There are plenty of leaflets about the area and the staff are knowledgeable about where to go and can give good advice. There was no problem with noise despite us being in a front-facing room, our bedroom was clean and comfortable and the bathroom excellent. We enjoyed the use of a terrace at the back of the house. We can thoroughly recommend this delightful small hotel in the lovely little town of Cavtat, with it's many attractions - strolls among pine trees, water sports, cycling, boat trips, historical buildings to visit, flowers and all in pristine condition.
Hilary and Richard Green, West Sussex, UK

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank DickGreenUK

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We have just returned from a week's stay at the Villa Pattiera. Wonderful, friendly hotel with great service. We chose a smaller hotel, avoiding the Corporate feel of the larger chains and were not disappointed. Fantastic location, right in the heart of old Cavtat town within easy walking distance of the restaurants and cafes.
The food at breakfast and dinner was delicious.
The service is excellent. My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary whilst we were there. I asked at reception for a glass of champagne to be arranged for our anniversary breakfast as a surprise for my husband and the team arranged this perfectly, along with some added extras which went above and beyond my expectations - fantastic service.
The rooms are very comfortable and although there is some noise (mainly in the morning from the church bells in the centre of town) we were not disturbed and loved being right in the heart of the town.
Really easy access to the airport and regular boats to Dubrovnik make this a great location for a wonderful Croatian holiday.
We hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Amy S
Reviewed May 19, 2014

The staff, at reception, at breakfast and in the restaurant at night were all excellent and really helpfull.
The location of the hotel is perfect, right in the middle of town, with an attached restaurant that had both inside and outside areas depending upon the weather. We went in May and sadly for us it was uncharacteristically cold with a bit of rain.
The rooms are ok, very clean and have a nice chararcter, however, ours (room 2) facing the sea, was quite dark and had no outside space. It was basically a bedroom, which is fine, but not a place to come back to and relax in. However, the hotel did not have any guest communal space either, so we were a bit stuck in terms of just relaxing with a book for an hour or so. Maybe this affected us more due to the weather.
As others have said, whilst this is a lovely hotel with excellent staff, it is not what I would rate as 4*. Thats not to be negative, as the owners have made an excellent job of making the building a hotel, within the constraints of the actual layout etc.
Whilst the restaurant area is a very good size, it feels like a restaurant not a chill out area.
Cavtat itself is lovely and is only a short bus journey to dubrovnik. There are lovely walks around the two headlands and boats leave for dubrovnik at regular intervals (10 € one way).
There are numerous sea view restaurants in the bay and a lovely bakery next door. The hotel restaurant is excellent, we had amazing steaks and a lovely bottle of local wine.
Recommended but with the caveats mentioned. The best feature are the staff who look after you, thanks, you were all brilliant.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dgledders
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I have just returned from a seven night stay at the Villa Pattiera, and it was wonderful.
This is a small, family run hotel and the staff are all genuinely friendly and well trained. The twelve rooms are spread over three floors and, as there is no lift, the two rooms at the very top of the house are best avoided by the less athletic traveller. The staff will gladly carry your luggage up to the bedrooms, which are all unique.
Although travelling alone I had a spacious twin room at the front of the hotel with a small balcony. The room was light and tastefully decorated. I didn't have any problems with noise from the restaurant below, which is part of the hotel, and where breakfast is served. Breakfast is prepared to order and served by a charming waitress.
The bathroom was large and modern and spotlessly clean.
I gather from the staff that the hotel has only recently reopened after its winter shutdown, and closes again at the end of the season in late October or early November. I wonder if I can sneak another visit before the end of the year . . . . . .

Room Tip: I'd gladly take any room they've got.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Gedandbutter
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Booked in for two nights. I can not fault a single thing. The staff couldn't have been more helpful or friendly, their English was fantastic. The room was spotless and beautifully decorated, the beds comfy and the breakfast was amazing! Not even 10 minutes from the airport and about 20 seconds from the seafront meant a truly easy and relaxing break. I look forward to returning as soon as I can.

Stayed: October 2013
5  Thank HeritageHoney
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We happened by chance on the Villa Pattiera boutique hotel in Cavtat on the final night of our holiday in Montenegro and Croatia. I must say that I was impressed by the restaurant and would happily go back and eat there again. The staff were welcoming and the restaurant clean and inviting. Our table was served by Loro who spoke very good English and recommended some lovely local wines from the Dubrovnik area. We ordered the muscles, deep fried squid which were cooked to perfection. The smoked salmon was excellent too. I would definitely recommend the steak and fish as ours were beautifully cooked and tender. Dinner was finished off with gorgeous desserts and a free glass of Croatian cherry brandy which was a nice touch. For three courses and two bottles of wine the meal came to around £120 which was certainly worth every penny we paid.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank JagoKenn
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed here for one night before heading back to Dubrovnik airport. Very friendly, helpful staff and our room was lovely. Breakfast was the best we had in two weeks whilst in Croatia, really nice to order our food fresh from the kitchen instead of tired looking eggs etc from a buffet. We also ate dinner here the night before, excellent fillet steak

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple