We stayed here 30.9-13.10.13. The hotel is pleasant. Rooms are a little tired and dated but adequate, clean with huge comfy beds.
The drinks and food were good and what you expect from a 3* all inclusive.
The staff are friendly and polite.
The location warrants 5 stars in terms of trip advisor rating. It's 100 meters from the first bar / restaurant and the 15 min stroll to the centre of Cavtat has many of these along the way. So if you fancy getting out to eat and drink occasionally there is lots of choice and a few get lively in the evenings.
There are some lovely cafe bars and restaurants in the harbour where you can happily pass a few hours.
The number 10 bus in the centre of Cavtat will take you to Dubrovnik for 20 kuna. (8.5-9 per £1). Well worth a visit and takes about 30-40 mins. We found it was a slightly better rate in Croatia than here. Use the banks in the centre of Cavtat.
It's very cheap to eat and drink. Usually 15-22 kuna for 0.5l beer, similar for a medium glass of wine and we often had a main course each with two drinks for under a tenner.
You can also use the water taxi to Dubrovnik. It's 50kuna one way or 70-80 return.
We booked trips within cavtat. Half the price of the hotel and very reliable. Michael (Delfin Travel) situated near to Ivan restaurant is highly recommended.
Transfer from the airport is under 10 mins.
The entertainment was better than some places we've stayed, not as good as others, but often fun and Ivan and Dubrovka were great sports.
We met some lovely people and ultimately that's what makes your holiday anyway.
I would recommend it as a good value hotel in a great location, bearing in mind we paid £1200 total for two people for two weeks.
Bars / restaurants I would recommend for service and value are Cool bar, Gemill pub and Ancora tapas bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Remisens Hotel Epidaurus (3*) (the former Smart Selection Hotel Epidaurus All Inclusive) is located next to the beach in beautiful Tiha Cove and offers spectacular views of the crystal clear sea of the Dubrovnik Riviera. It lies just one kilometre from the medieval old town of Cavtat, which makes it an ideal choice for guests looking for peace and relaxation but who do not want to be too far from the attractions of a town. From 2017, the Remisens Hotel Epidaurus will be offering high-quality services and facilities guaranteed by the Remisens brand. The hotel's 312 rooms and bathrooms, lobby, reception area, restaurant and surroundings have been completely refurbished. The hotel offers different room types depending on the individual needs of each guest. All rooms are fully equipped to make sure guests feel comfortable and at home. There are spacious rooms particularly suitable for families with children. The hotel is the perfect choice for a peaceful, relaxing holiday where the entire family can enjoy the benefits of the beautiful natural surroundings of Tiha Cove. Our attentive staff will make sure that the quality of service is always impeccable and that you have an unforgettable holiday in Cavtat, Croatia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Remisens Hotel Epidaurus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Epidaurus Hotel Cavtat
- Iberostar Hotel Cavtat
- Iberostar Hotel Epidaurus