All reviewsthe bussteep hillold townself cateringnecessary amenitiesgave us a mapairport pickupdays stayinghighly recommend these apartmentstop floorfriendly hostswonderful staysurrounding mountainscharming townthe sofa bedshower roomcomfortable apartment
Reviewed September 15, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I have just returned from a week in Cavtat, staying at Bacan Serviced Apartments in Apartment 6.

The apartments are very close to the quiet delights of old town Cavtat and marina, yes you've probably read about the hill climb coming back up but here's three reasons why it is a non issue.

1. It's a lot easier enjoying an ice cream on the way. House of Ice Cream is immediately before the first steps back up.

2. It's actually very rewarding and a perfect way to walk off your meal, which I realised after a couple of days will inevitably be substantial.

3. If you really don't want to do the walk or you can't, you can get a bus for 10 Croatian Kuna from the old town and Bacan is the first stop.

Now, more about Bacan itself. The apartments are kept in impeccable condition, cleaned every day without being invasive, has air conditioning, free WiFi, fresh towels every day and plenty of storage space for your clothes so you don't have to live out of a suitcase. It really is everything you want for something a step above self catering apartments.

Antun, the proprietor, is hospitable and always happy to help wherever possible as well beinf a good source of local knowledge. I can understand why he has people regularly go back year after year as it is very possible we could become one of those.

The positive reviews this place has are fully justified, I booked here because of Trip Advisor reviews and even then it exceeded expectations.

Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike G
aBacan, Owner at Bacan Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2016

Dear Mike G,
Many thanks for taking the time to write your kind and detailed feedback following your recent stay with us.
I was really pleased that you found the accommodation to be a good choice and enjoyed the location and of course the service we try to provide to our guests. I was delighted to read that your expectations have been exceeded.
I will pass on your kind words to our staff.
I really look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed August 30, 2016

Bacan apartments are only a few minutes drive from Dubrovnik airport in the lovely village resort of Cavtat. Antun the owner was there to pick us up. We were delayed having left something on the plane, but he willingly waited for us.
the apartments are cleaned every day and are spotless. We were on the 2nd floor. The balcony has great views over the bay.There is a supermarket and restaurant a minutes walk away.
It is a few minutes walk down the hill to the harbour. One thing to be aware is it is a very steep hill back to the apartment. It suited us as it burnt off a few calories, but it would be hard for some people. However there is a bus every 30 minutes that stops outside the apartment.
The only other thing to be aware about Cavtat is there is a fair bit of a plane noise as it is so close to the airport. If you live anywhere near London or other city it would not put you off, but is worth knowing. For us the beauty of the area and value of the apartments and relatively few people in August compared with other locations made it well worth it. There are little islands to visit, Kayaks and boats to hire and beautiful clear water to swim in.

We can't wait to return.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hooklands
aBacan, Owner at Bacan Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2016

Dear Hooklands,
Thank you so much for taking the time and posting your kind and detailed feedback.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and lovely views.
Cavtat is close to the airport which is great as your holiday starts as soon as you land. That also means some plane noise but the good thing is that the airport doesn't operate any flights during night.
Thanks again for your comments.
We can't wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed August 14, 2016

Antun Bacan is a very good host and a genuinely good man. His properties are spotlessly clean and they are serviced on a daily basis; on one day we came back to see our pots had been washed. I felt guilty about that.

The residence is up a hill from the town centre, about 1km. Don't worry, there's a very regular bus service which only costs about £1.10 per person. This is a god send if you have bad knees, like I do.

Cavtat is a little niche harbour, catering for millionaires' boats and a thriving café culture. Trust me, you can people watch all day, while enjoying fantastic service from the young Croat bar/restaurant staff who speak excellent English. When later in the day you want for food, you can't go wrong. There is no such thing as a 'ding' meal in this part of the world. I am a foodie and I have to say I left some restaurants asking myself quite how I'd managed to get away with such a small bill, even though I tipped at 15%. We're talking mid to high end food here, dear reader.

I went with my 15 year old daughter and we took the opportunity to go to Dubrovnik 3 times; once on the bus (£3.10 each way per person-amazing value and because we got on the bus at the start of the journey we had seats all the way - it got very busy further towards Dubrovnik) and twice on the ferry shuttle (£10 each way- good value). Dubs is a fantastic Medieval walled town. One of the great things about this holiday was the sheer cosmopolitan range of people on display; people from all parts of the world enjoying this one small, special bit.

I came away from my holiday knowing I want to come back to Croatia. I love the quiet patriotism of the people, the fantastic quality of life while you're there as a tourist, the efficient public services and the kind of quaint but up to date (don't ask me to explain) supermarkets.

I'm very sad to be away from my now favourite place in the world

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank tintin5446

Dear tintin5446,
Thank you very much for your great review and wonderful advertisement for Cavtat and Dubrovnik.
We are delighted that your stay with us was enjoyable and comfortable and that you felt well-looked after.
It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back again the next time you are around your ''now favourite place in the world''.

Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

We visited Bacan with two other couples for one week. It was perfect for our holiday. Antun, the owner, was very helpful before, during and after the visit. The three apartments were next to each other with a lovely shared patio where we usually had breakfast and of course, pre and post dinner drinks! Each was spacious and comfortable with good air conditioning (necessary!). The location is a 5-10 minute walk to Cavtat centre downhill but with some good views on the way down. The walk back is steep but for just over £1, you could get a bus to the stop outside the apartments. That bus also goes to Dubrovnik. There is a supermarket just up the road and a restaurant over the road where we ate one evening and had breakfast a couple of times. The place was clean and good value and we would highly recommend it. Antun has a good selection of apartments in the block to meet different needs and some with better views but for a group of pals, it was good to have our own space in the apartment but the ability to share the space outside. Cavtat is a beautiful place and our holiday was made very special by staying at Bacan.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends
aBacan, Owner at Bacan Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2016

Dear John D M,
It was wonderful to read the compliments you shared about our property and service. We are delighted that you had such a great experience during your recent stay.
Thank you very much for recommending our hotel as the ''perfect place to stay in beautiful Cavtat''.
It was a pleasure meeting you all and we truly look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

Although we stayed there only on our last day in Croatia it was a well equipped, good spacious apartment close to the city center. The manager/ owner was very nice and helpful. The bus to dubrovnik leaves right outside of the house . Also good value for money

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank alsalam2014

Dear alsalam2014,
Thank you very much for your kind feedback. I am glad to know that you had a pleasant stay and I do appreciate sharing your experience with us.
I hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.