“A sophisticated pleasant surprise”

Restaurant Bugenvila
Ranked #1 of 43 Restaurants in Cavtat
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Experience carefully sourced highest quality ingredients cooked to perfection. Enjoy immaculately presented seasonal cocktails. Taste some of the best Croatian wines. Enjoy life!
Reviewed September 15, 2013

After dropping the hook in Cavtat bay having had a pleasant, but slightly rolly, sail down from Miljet we decided to eat ashore en famille (8 of us). I went looking for a suitable place and while passing the open kitchen of Bougenvila I realised that it was THE place. Naturally they were fully booked for that night but I vowed to return so booked for the following eve.

All the family having flown back to blighty SWMBO and I duly took our places at Bougenvila.

Wow! At first I was blown away by the peppery cucumber martini, the best cocktail I have ever had. L absolutely loved the truffle soup and my main course of oxtail was sublime.

New restaurants like this, for those of us who spend a lot of time in Dalmatia and have had the limited menus up to our necks, make the Croatian coast, already a stunning destination, a serious contender for a world-class holiday spot.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,588)

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I had booked a table but when we arrived, though their were plentiful staff service was slow, but very friendly and informative. The peppery cucumber martini was stunning and both starters we ordered were possibly the best we have tasted. I had olive tapanade so good I may never eat another olive as it couldn't live up to it . My husband ordered spaghetti vongole by accident as he doesn't like shellfish and declared it the most delicious spaghetti sauce he'd tasted . The house wines (white and rose) were both excellent . The main courses were an anticlimax following this, took too long to arrive and were decidely average . But maybe we chose badly. I would return, there is a menu of gems here worth exploring . All in all, it was excellent value for money .

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We were lucky to get a reservation on the night. After reading the reviews we felt somewhat lucky, and also excited about the meal ahead. We were not disappointed.

The steak was fabulous. Huge serving at a very reasonable price.

The service was excellent and the setting very picturesque.

Once you eat here you can understand why it's the #1 restaurant in Cavtat.

1  Thank WillGrahamNZ
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Beautiful food- well presented and with charming service.Nothing was too much trouble for the staff in this restaurant. I ate here six times during my week long stay and was never disappointed. Booking is essential for dinner. Fabulous!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Just returned from a week in Cavtat where we enjoyed some great food, we ate twice at Bugenvila and the service with a smile together with the lovely food and pretty setting made for two very enjoyable evenings. Best to book a table to avoid disappointment as they were very busy.