“Superb Hotel in a Truly Beautiful Part Of Croatia...”
Review of Hotel Cavtat

Hotel Cavtat
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Cavtat
Reviewed July 21, 2014

What can i say -

On Arrival this is a lovely hotel both inside and outside...

ROOM - We had room 507 and the view was amazing... The room itself was more than adequate and was quite large with a large balcony... Beds for me personally were a wee bit hard but thats my personal opinion... TV in the rooms with plenty of stations with a selection of various languages... Bathroom was adequate but the shower was a wee bit small... But overall i would say the room was one of the best i have stayed in... You can also hire a fridge but we didnt find this out till half way through the second week...

POOL AREA - From our room the pool area is located on the 5th floor... Its a lovely pool area with many sunbeds - the pool itself is small but adequate for a wee dip to cool down...It is rather cold at the start of the day but warms up a bit later... Sunbeds towards the end of our holiday were a bit of a pain as the Sunbed Possy were booking sunbeds at the crack of dawn and basically not even using then for hours later...There are signs saying sunbeds should not be booked but this as per usual is ignored. And the staff do not enforce the sunbed policy either...

BREAKFAST - Breakfast was just perfect... The choices are more than plenty to suit everyone...Cereal Meats Fruit Cheeses Breads Cooked Breakfasts - Basically if you cant eat anything you are a far too fussy person and i would love to know what eat at home...

EVENING MEALS - As per breakfast there was a vast selection of meals both hot and cold...My wife is quite fussy and she had a good selection every night... Also found that the meals were not the same every night either... Had lovely meatballs the first night and the wife was looking forward to them again but they never re-appeared...lol Drinks are extra in the evening but are the same prices as most the bars so you arent getting ripped off..

STAFF - The staff are all great and will help you out with anything...

CAVTAT - This is a truly wonderful village with stunning views... Both bays are within minutes from the hotel and from the front door are on the flat so no hills... Plenty bars and restraunts which are most fine...Prices are cheaper than the uk with a large beer roughly costing £2.50 and food quite cheap too.... Both bays are lovely the a wide variety of boats with some mega expensive ones too ( checked one out on the internet ant it cost £350 million to build...) Many tourist shops too and a few areas to sunbathe..

DUBROVNIK - Lovely walled city but very bust at times espically if the big boats are in harbour...More expensive that cavtat but plenty to see and do... Cable car takes you to the top of the hill with an amazing view of the city.. Get ther by bus (number 10) from Cavtat 25 kuna each way or by boat (depending on the seas)..

OVERALL I WOULD DEFINATELY RETURN TO THIS HOTEL AND CAVTAT IS AN AREA NOT TO BE MISSED....JUST LOVELY

4  Thank Alan B
Ivo Š, General Manager at Hotel Cavtat, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear Alan B,

I don't know what to say after reading your kind words after recent stay with us!! I can't find words how to thank you enough for being our guest and to chose our hotel to spend your holiday!!

In every detail of your amazing description I can find only compliments, and suggest to other guests! It is so much appreciated!

Every part of Croatia has it own story, I'm thrilled you chose our region and Cavtat with its many stories and surrounding nature.

We're counting days until your next visit to have again superb holiday in our friendly hotel!

The warmest regards ever from my Team and myself,

Ivo Sutalo

Write a ReviewReviews (1,187)

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Hotel was lovely, and the staff couldn't do enough for you.
Food wasn't anything to write home about.
THE BEDS WERE TERRIBLE. I suffer with my back and am waiting for major surgery. The mattress I have at home is obviously firm and supportive. The hotel mattresses could only be described as unforgiving. Even though I take a double mattress softener with me, and had this doubled I found sleeping virtually impossible
On checking out the mattress I found that not only was the mattress itself FIRM! It was also resting on a half inch thick chipboard base - no wonder it had no give in it at all.
My only other comment would be that if you LIKE TO HAVE A BALCONY then you need to book a SEA VIEW room. My partner and I hadn't realised that only the sea view rooms have balconies so we opted for a GARDEN VIEW
On arrival we were allocated room 101 (which like the program belongs in room 101). The room had 2 windows - 1 which had some sort of opaque film over it so no view at all. The second looked out over an overgrown area - definitely not what I would call a garden, and to cap it all the curtains were 6 inches short of the window. Not what I expected from a hotel of this calibre.
We were able to change rooms after a few days. Curtains in this room fit. Air-conditioning was also quieter. Beds were still unforgiving. Had to ask for clean bedding on Thursday as we moved to our new room on Saturday and although our towels had been changed almost daily we were still using the same sheets.
All that aside Croatia was gorgeous, and the small village of Cavtat shouldn't be missed

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Debbie M

Dear Debbie M,

thank you for taking the time to post your review about recent stay with us!

I need to inform you that on our website and in brochures, you'll find description of all rooms, where you can see that we have rooms with balcony which are not sea view rooms.
All garden view classic rooms (which you have booked) don't have balcony, and your agency should inform you about it.

I spoke with my Team about your issue which we resolved during the stay, as we offer you extra for sea view room with discounted rates. We all believed that after your disappointment with room you have booked, we truly fulfilled all your expectations.

Mattresses are harder, but it depends of guest's habits. If someone is complain on it, we usually put some softer sponge on it. We are all working hard to hear everyone's wishes, compliments and complaints.

We hope that during your next visit we'll fulfill all your expectations!

Kind regards from lovely Cavtat,

Ivo Sutalo

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Just returned from 2 weeks stay at hotel Cavtat.This was our first holiday to Croatia and we couldn't have picked a more beautiful place or nicer hotel.

The hotel was excellent and the staff were always friendly and extremely helpful. We stayed bed and breakfast and there was an excellent choice of fruit, cereal, breads, cheeses, meats and hot food. The roof top terrace was lovely, but agree with other reviewers that far too many guests put towels out and don't use beds for sometime. The pool was small but nice with a seating area at the side and amazing view over the bay. We chose to use the sunbathing areas at the front of the hotel which we preferred as I love the sea. The hotel rooms were bright and airy. We were in room 511 and had a wonderful view from our balcony. The bathroom was fine and water was always hot. Air conditioning was good and less noisier than usual. Towels and bedding was changed regularly and rooms were spotlessly cleaned by the very friendly cleaner. It was nice to be supplied with a safe box without being charged.

Cavtat itself is a beautiful resort set around a pretty bay. There are plenty of good restaurants and cafe bars to relax in. There are plenty of trips to take and dubrovinik is a must. Book with Michael as he gives good prices and can give advice on many things/trips.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel and in Cavtat and plan to return again next year.

Thank you to all the staff for making our first visit to Croatia memorable. Well done for maintaining such high standards.

Room Tip: Sea view room on floors 3 to 5
5  Thank deniwalall

Dear deniwalall,

your lovely words really made our day!! I can't thank you enough for posting and sharing it with all TripAdvisor's members!

Our aim is to make unforgettable holiday in one of the most magnificent places in world, and I'm so thrilled to read that we're following our way!

Step by step, with my Team and every member of my staff we made this 3 stars hotel to higher level. as this location deserve.

Thank you for notice all our hard work we doing to be proud of ourselves!

Hope you'll stay with us in future time to have one more great holiday in Cavtat!

The warmest regards from sunny Cavtat,

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We had the most fantastic holiday in cavtat & stayed in the hotel cavtat last week. Cavtat itself is extremely quaint & picturesque with plenty of bars & restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. The views across the bays & sunsets were extraordinary. The hotel is one of the best we have stayed in. The staff are a real credit to it. Wether it was waiting staff at breakfast, the maintenance man or the cleaners everyone had a pleasant word to say & a smile to you every hour of everyday. The cleanliness of the hotel & our room was impeccable with our room cleaned daily & towels changed. Nothing was a problem for the staff here also. We had a room on the 3rd floor which we initially were slightly disappointed with as we had paid for a sea view but was obstructed by trees. The lady on reception was happy to move us but wouldn't be until the following day. We decided to remain in our room as our intentions were not to be in it other than to sleep, so all in all did not feel too bothered. The breakfasts were great with plenty of choice & great coffee. Everything fresh & fully stocked. The roof sun terrace is gorgeous & a real sun trap. The infinity pool is great for a dip to cool off & watch the boats coming & going & has the most comfortable sunbeds..just need to get on them early as there isn't many, however also nice to chill on the bay in front of the hotel if you can't get on the roof. The hotels newly renovated bar & outside seating was great to relax on an evening with their prices no dearer than the rest of town. We will certainly return to cavtat in the future and would not hesitate in staying here again..thankyou for helping to make our holiday so lovely x

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank flump16

Dear flump16,

Wow!! What amazing feedback about your holiday with us!!

I'm so happy to read that you truly enjoyed every moment of your holiday, especially overlooking one of the most magnificent sunsets in tho world.

So sorry that you were a little bit disappointed with your room location as there was tree to disturb a view from your room, but happy to hear that my reception staff did their best to offer you better room.
Hope that next time you'll stay in one of the best room in hotel to get your holiday to perfection!

Looking forward to see you again as soon as it possible!
P.S. If possible, come again tomorrow! :)

In meantime, please receive the warmest regards from Cavtat,

My team and myself

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed in this hotel in July 2014 for a 7 night break. It is in a fantastic position fronting a quiet fishing harbour/bay but is only a few minutes' walk from the main quayside frontage of this wonderful little Croatian town.

The hotel has a small roof-top pool that has great views over the bay but due to the small scale of it, it does get busy and you need to be up early if you want to secure a spot. In addition, there is a strip of waterfront across the (quiet) road from the hotel that has sun loungers for guests to use and there are steps down into the beautiful crystal-clear sea for bathing.

Our rooms were fine, not huge but adequately sized, comfortable and clean. There are no mini bars or safes in the rooms but a free to use safety deposit box system is operated at reception. The rooms are air conditioned and the free wifi in the public areas reached our rooms too which was a bonus.

All of the staff at the hotel were professional and friendly and the service could not be faulted.

We only stayed on a bed and breakfast tariff so can't comment on the evening meal offer. However, the breakfast is the usual buffet-style and had a good choice of hot and cold food, which we felt was above average in terms of quality. Difficult to make a decent cup of tea but let's face it isn't that the case nearly everywhere outside the UK?! The coffee was very good though.

The hotel has a fashionable and modern bar/restaurant open to non-residents by the sea front with outdoor seating. The bar serves good lunches and nice cocktails all at reasonable prices.

There are a good range of other bars and restaurants nearby from the lovely unpretentious 'Posejdon' to the highly rated 'Bugenvila' both on the main quayside which is less than a 5 minute walk away. But nearly all of the restaurants we have tried in Cavtat are at least good and in many cases excellent.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel - or Cavtat generally - to other holidaymakers.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are probably worth paying the premium for.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank David B

Dear David B,

thank you for your kind words! We so much appreciate every your comment.
What a beautiful feeling after reading your review! It was really our pleasure to welcome you in our great hotel!

Thank you for like our premium position, every aspect of our facilities, every member of our staff,..

It is so kind of you to recommend our hotel to your close family and friends, and of course to all TripAdvisor's visitors!

We can't wait to welcome you again in our wonderful place and hotel!

Best regards from sunny Cavtat,

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Great value hotel right on Tiha Bay. Modern decor and light and airy rooms. Great breakfast included in the price. The outside terrace is right on the sea and there is a little jetty which serve as their own beach. The sea outside this area is cordoned off to act as a private swimming area and where there are plenty of fish - so worth taking a snorkel and mask.

1  Thank Kenneth L

Dear Kenneth L,

I'm so thrilled to read that you had amazing stay in our small, but friendly hotel!
Thank you for sharing your great comments with all TripAdvisor's visitors!

I hope that this wasn't your last visit to Cavtat and our hotel, and you're planning to visit us as soon as it possible!

Warm regards from beautiful Cavtat,

Reviewed July 18, 2014

the hotel looks lovely,very clean and bright.it was nice to have free safety deposit boxes in a room by reception.the pool area is lovely with comfortable sun beds, and wonderful views.our room was very nice,we would have liked more cupboard space. we were on the 4th floor with a wonderful sea view from the balcony. the balcony was nice and shady until late afternoon .our beds were very comfortable, and our room was very quiet.the shower was small, and leaked if on full power,but it was o k.all the staff are friendly and helpful.buffet breakfast was o k could do with some English tea bags as mostly English there. nice bread for toast.the evening meals were a disappointment,, the salad was fine,,,, but most meats were very dry,,, and the fish was dry too. puddings were a different colour blancmange each evening, and a few cakes. bed and breakfast would have been better ,as lots of restaurants and bars around.....but we enjoyed our stay,we met some nice people,,in a beautiful place.

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms have lovely sea views
1  Thank bezken

Dear bezken,

thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor's page!

Your words are so much appreciated. I'm delighted to read all positive comments about our hotel, our services, our magnificent pool area, etc.

Thank you also for telling us this small dislikes, which we'll improve until your next visit!

In meantime, please receive our great regards from Cavtat,