“Best Meal & Service of the Holiday” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant Major - CLOSED

Restaurant Major
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Croatian, Central European
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Restaurant Major offers high quality creative cuisine with popular prices. Indulge all your senses. Seasonal and fresh products and mutual harmony of wine and food is the pleasure we want to provide.Being inspired with healthy Mediterranean cuisine and local products from the soil, the sea and the air, our young team of cooks has prepared innovative menus which will provide you with memorable gastronomical experience which will exceed your expectations and cosset your palate.
Chester, United Kingdom
“Best Meal & Service of the Holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We had a wonderful meal here, we enjoyed it so much we went back a 2nd time & it was still great 2nd time round. Seeing varying reviews for restaurant Major, I can only feel that perhaps sometimes they must be a bit hit & miss, (maybe different chefs) & I do agree that with only 1 other table in use when we went, it did lack atmosphere. However, we had such an enjoyable evening combined with great food & great service that I can only highly recommend this restaurant.
From the free pick up at our Hotel to the return, the hospitality we received was second to none,
our food was truly delicious and the Chef came out at the end of the evening for a chat & to make sure we all enjoyed it.
I had Fillet steak, it was cooked to perfection and was definitely the best meal I had had during my holiday in Cavtat. Others in our party had lamb & pork, and they all loved their dishes. We went again on our last night and once again we were not disappointed. We would like to go back to Cavtat for a long weekend and if we do, we will definitely stay at the Hotel Major.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank shawny47

Exmouth
“Desperately Disappoint Evening”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

Let me state clearly that I was so looking forward to our meal here and to adding to the glowing reviews on here. I trust you guys and had no reason to expect anything other than very good food. It is why I go to restaurants. To enjoy the food not find fault. My reviews on TA are overwhlemingly positive. However the food was a huge disappointment. Yes the restaurant is in a great location overloooking an impressive valley. The pick up and drop off was brilliant and appreciated.The airport had one plane take off so not an issue and wouldnt have been for me if it had been. The service attentive in an old fashioned way but I think our unhappiness with the food was evident so Alberts manner to us was not really maintained. The menu read well and yes different from offerings in Cavtat though pricier than some had suggested and wine list reasonable. So all was set fair until the food arrived. I could not resist the scallops dish as a starter and Wendy had the mozzerella and tomato. Firstly I was disappointed when my dish arrived on two counts firstly it looked nothing like the picture on here. Secondly they were pretty small and pale. Not particularly fresh or attractive looking. Worse still though when I started eating them they were well overcooked and as a consequence rubbery. The biggest sin was that none of the 4 scallops had been trimmed properly. The "catch" muscle was still attached. This bit of muscle is strong—it's the one the scallop uses to clamp its shell shut in order to defend itself. It's tough and unpleasant to eat, and any home cook worth his or her salt would remove before cooking. Sorry to go in to detail but I wanted to stress how far removed from Michelin cooking (as some have suggested) this was. I have to admit though to being cowardly and not sending it back straight away. That was my fault, my issue not Alberts and a bit pathetic but thats the way I am. I have only ever complained once in my 52 years in a restaurant. This should have been my second. Wendys mozzerella was bland and tasteless and she ate less than a quarter. Albert questioned her but more in the way that she had chosen badly. My main the veal shank was better but only ok. 4 pieces of meat on a very sticky and cloying sauce but edible. Wendy had Baked roll of trout with truffles and camembert sauce and it simply did not work for us and again more than half of it left. By which time Albert had lost patience and he seemed as happy to see the back of us as we were to leave, feeling really bad about an evening we had anticipated so much. I just dont know why our experience differs so much from others on here. I would feel better if someone from the Restaurant came on and said it was the chef fell ill or some explanation. It must be better than this? As I say I agree that it is a lovely restaurant in a fab situation but dont take for granted that the food will live up to its billing or setting. It didnt for us.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank andwendads
Moscow
“High class restaurant food with no athmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

Indeed the best high class restaurant food we tried so far in Cavtat.
Unfortunately restaurant provides no athmosphere. Everything is very simple with no style. Service is average and the bottle of wine we took was really awfull.. I think while Cavtat restaurants continue to imrpove, Major will have less and less clients..

3 Thank Chuk_I_Gek
Devizes, United Kingdom
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

this was recommended as the number 1 restaurant in cavtat. We were picked up for free by the hotel and taken back. We arrived about 8pm and greeted by a friendly waiter, there was only another two couples there. The food was very good and the staff were very attentative, allowing time between each course. This restaurant is away from the main centre of cavtat and is set back in the hill just outside. Unfortunately there is no view to speak of except the airport which is opposite, however, was far enough away so the noise of the planes did not really impede on the evening. In fact if you are like me and are fascinated by planes , it was quite nice watching them take off and land. In all the food was of good quality, the only disappointing drawback perhaps was the lack of ambience and lack of a view

Visited June 2012
2 Thank julie B
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

Very nice food with something a bit diffrent to the other local restaurants,staff are lovely and they will pick you up and drop you back at no charge as its about 5-10 min drive from the center of Cavtat, definatly my favorite place whilst we were there.