“Poor service has a real upside too”
Review of Taverna Domizana

Taverna Domizana
Ranked #19 of 49 Restaurants in Cavtat
Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The restaurant is located in one of the area’s most pleasant settings Bay Zal in Cavtat with a amazing view of Dubrovnik.We are proud to serve the best and freshest authentic Croatian cuisine in Cavtat.Our menu is crafted with a prime selection of meat and fresh seafood with an emphasis on localproduce. We also offer great selection of pizzas and vegetarian dishes.Domižana is the only restaurant in Cavtat offering old original Dalmatian specialty fireplace bakeddishes and food cooked under the traditional iron bell. Choose from selection of Croatian red and white wines with an excellent selection of local wines.Restaurant capacity of 250 seats is ideal for large groups and organizations of various festivities.Enjoy live entertainment with traditional Dalmatian singing and dancing groups.We invite you to experience unforgettable moments in pleasant atmosphere of Restaurant Domižana .
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Yes the waiter is surly and very slow to take orders but that's hardly unusual round here in our experience. But the setting is beautiful and once the beer arrives you can sit for hours in the shade at the water's edge with no hassle to order anything else or to move on. And the beer is 33 June for a large one compared to 50 by the port. We did order a pizza to share in the end and it was fine

Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

It all started with a very nice view over the ocean and a nice waiter. My college had a nice sea bream that she liked. But I was served mussels with beard left and in a poorly made broth. I did not compline for that, I just ate the ones that were ok. But when we were to pay, another waiter with beard and tattoos, said that I can't sign with my card. And when I told him that it should go and sign as I have previously done so in many hotels and airports (it's a business card) he told me very rudely and loudly that he maybe should call the police? All in all, for me, a very bad food experience and a very unpleasant meeting. Do not risk going to this place if you in need of a professional establishment.

Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

If I could give it less than 1 then I would! Utterly abysmal service. After receiving what could quite possibly be the most disgusting Muscles, returning them to receive an undercooked portion of chips and semi-grilled, underwhelming squid (which I can’t eat); the waitress refused to take responsibility for the mistakes, and then flat-out refused to serve us or take away the unwanted food, exclaiming ‘No’ and walking away! Appalling service, do not eat here!!!!

Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

Really rude straff and disgusting food. The manager was really rude. The fries were undone, the fish didn't tate anything and the mussels had seaweed on them. Don't go here, I warn you!

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

Chose this restaurant because it was right on the beach with great views. There is bad service and then there is Dominaza service - would score them -10 if possible. We were made to feel like we were an inconvenience from the start, plates dirty, food terrible, service non-existant. Do yourself a favour and eat somewhere else!!