I stayed here with my family for a week. There was 9 of us ranging in age from 55 - 23.
The first thing i will say is that getting to this hotel is a nightmare and really not worth it for just a week. After flying from the UK, its a bus (30 min) to the ferry terminal (hour wait for us) then a 30 min trip across the water followed by 40 minutes of staring death in the face as a rickety old bus try’s to conquer the mountains landscape. I 'm not exaggerating here, it was petrifying, there are no barriers on the roads and I’m sure the back wheels slipped a few times. There were screams and everything.
However; once you get there the hotel is brilliant. The best full board I have stayed in. The rooms are modern and very clean, bathrooms a good standard, they are not massive but enough for 2. The hotel is spotless and there are lots of places to relax and read a book or use your computer. The pool is great and lots of loungers. The real selling point of this hotel however is the food. It’s a buffet but the choice is unreal, meats, fish, salads, cakes, pastas – you name it. And mountains of it as well. I put a about a stone on in a week. Everything looks good. The chief takes great pride and the whole dinning experience is a joy.
The only downside to this holiday for me, was that I found the resort a bit dull at night. There was 5 young people in our group and we struggled to find any good pubs or night life. I don’t mean I was looking for Ibiza, but the whole resort is more about eating meals and nice walks. My other gripe was that aside from the hotel staff I found the locals very unwelcoming and rude. This view was shared by many people I spoke to.
And finally the all the beach is shingles. Not a problem for me but just to let you know.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst a lush pine forest, Bluesun Hotel Borak is only 50 metres from a pebbly beach. The promenade that connects the centre of Bol with the unique Zlatni Rat Beach passes right by the hotel and offers its guests quick access to both of these attractions. You can taste refreshing drinks and cocktails from the pool bar and soak up the sun on the terrace with free loungers and umbrellas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bluesun Hotel Borak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluesun Hotel Borak Hotel Bol
- Riu Borak Hotel
- Riu Borak Bol
- Bluesun Hotel Borak Bol, Croatia - Brac Island