It is 150m from the sea!
something I've been told many times before about other hotels, but reality has proven different. OK the beach is pebbles, but the water was a good temperature for swimming and with virtually no tide or currents to worry about and always a light breeze it is heaven for windsurfers, SCUBA divers etc. It's worth noting that one of the most famous beaches in Croatia "Zlatni Rat" was only 10 minutes walk, and well worth the effort.
The hotel itself was clean and the staff were very good, the food in the self-service restaurant was consistently excellent, the best I've ever had at a tourist hotel, especially when you consider it is an "all inclusive" one, and what that can sometimes mean.
The only negative thing was the wine, the red was barely drinkable, the rose was disgusting and the white only slightly less so. The beer was OK though.
As other reviewers have noted the rooms are a bit on the small side and basically equipped, but also serviced daily and kept clean, anyway we didn't go on holiday to stay cooped up in the accommodation.
My daughter loved the pool and the entertainment staff provided a good and varied programme for both the adults and kiddies.
As the entertainment finished around 23:00, sleeping was not a problem, and during the week that we were there, I didn't see a single person who'd drunk too much. The mix of different nationalities was also good, with Russians, Poles, Hungarians, Slovaks, Germans, French and Italians making for a good crowd. In fact I only heard one other couple with distinct English accents at the hotel all week.
The local village of Bol is easily reached along a well lit, sea front promenade, and once there it is very picturesque with a good selection of bars and restaurants.
Another plus point was the complete lack of people asking for money, trying to sell things that you don't want etc. We just felt really safe and comfortable the whole time, not something I can say about some other Mediterranean locations I've been to.
There are a couple of hotels close by which are four or five star, and I'm sure that a bit more luxury could be had, but for what we paid I feel we got value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in picturesque surroundings with fragrant Mediterranean herbs and a lovely pine forest only 160 yards from the pebble beach, Bluesun Hotel Bonaca offers state-of-the-art facilities and impeccable services. Only a 10 minute walk from the center of the town of Bol and the magnificent beach Zlatni Rat, the hotel is a perfect destination for sun and sea lovers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bluesun Resort Bonaca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluesun Resort Bonaca Hotel Bol
- Bluesun Resort Bonaca Bol, Croatia - Brac Island