We didn't get the best first impression of the hotel as we were delayed and didn't arrive till 3am. We were given a room in the family block, which sounded like a great idea before we set off, but on reflection, it was very noisy - not only because of other people's children, but also because the block was opposite a concrete car park/drop off point for coaches and guests arriving at all time of the day and more depressingly, at night.
Inside, the rooms were very basic but very clean. For the extra fee you get an extra long, narrow room with an oversized table taking up too much space in the middle. There were also 2 single beds, head to head and a wardrobe and TV. The only air con unit in the room is situated here, above the door leading onto the smallest 'balcony' we have ever had! The issue for us was that at night, we didn't want to leave the air con on above the children, but without it on, our room was very stuffy (luckily the temps at night in June were not too high). Leaving the windows open was the only option, but with the noise coming up from the concrete coach drop off area below, it was too noisy to sleep. Earplugs helped!
The hotel, pool area, dining area, in fact everywhere were always spotlessly clean, just a bit tired, especially compared to the more up to date (and 4 star) Bluesun neighbour hotels.
We went all inclusive and weren't disappointed here! The food was great. Lots of choice, lots of fresh fruit, lots of getting up and down! Definitely worth it. Also, previous comments about the strict seating rules, no longer apply. Although they did like us to use the same table for dinner each night.
Difficult to comment on the entertainment, as they were still practising, as it was so early in the season. Same goes for the kids clubs, although it did seem predominantly geared towards Germans. My boys are 7 and 3 and were not keen to go. Also, they would try to get people interested in joining in the pool games by blaring out loud music (mostly German) at various intervals. Not very relaxing.
You could hire bikes for the day, free of charge. A big plus point. Although people started queuing very early, which again, would be more of an issue in August I think.
The beaches were a nice 5 minute walk away from the hotel, along a tree lined path. Beautiful beaches. The clearest sea we have ever seen. Bol was also just a 10 minute walk away. Also very beautiful.
Would definitely recommend this place as a cheap, no frills hotel. If you are used to luxuries, no matter how small, choose somewhere else!
The island and resort were however fantastic, so for us, 2 adults and 2 boys, it was a very reasonably priced, very good first trip to Croatia. We will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in picturesque surroundings with fragrant Mediterranean herbs and a lovely pine forest only 160 yards from the pebble beach, Bluesun Hotel Bonaca offers state-of-the-art facilities and impeccable services. Only a 10 minute walk from the center of the town of Bol and the magnificent beach Zlatni Rat, the hotel is a perfect destination for sun and sea lovers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bluesun Resort Bonaca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluesun Resort Bonaca Hotel Bol
- Bluesun Resort Bonaca Bol, Croatia - Brac Island