“meal for 2 = £450 bill !!”
Review of Cicibela

Cicibela
Ranked #9 of 52 Restaurants in Baska
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“meal for 2 = £450 bill !!”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I felt completely taken advantage of by this restaurant.

The facts are these: Myself and my girlfriend holidayed in Baska so that i could (unbeknown to her) ask her to marry me. On the second night i popped the question, she accepted. We went out to celebrate after speaking to family for an age. We stopped into Cicibela, and sat down and began looking at the menus. Hoping they might make a fuss of us i showed the waiter my girlfriends ring to which he declared "Wonderful, let me take good care of you - it took me 20 years to ask my wife", he snatched the menus away and was off. He asked if we wanted champagne and we said we did (i was expecting to splash about say £100 on champagne - they did a few Moets), he arrived back with a large plate of shellfish, they called them scampi but they were really what i know as large shrimps. The bottle was in the bucket and champangne poured for us. We were not shown the bottle (i accept i should have asked but was distracted by the event). The fish was lovely, then followed a large lobster - again this was very nice, i thought this might be a stinger at probably £80 but thought "what the hell" - again i repeat we did not order this food. The meal was lovely, the waiter lit candles and gave us a complimentary glass of sorbet and 'looked after us'. It was later that i found out why!! By this point i'd noticed the Dom Perignon 2002 in the bucket. He did not say, "This bottle is a Dom Perignon and it costs £250! Do you want to try it?"

After we were done we asked for the bill. He then hit us with a bill of 3790 kn (which is £450!!). "Four hundred and fifty quid? 500 euros i said for a meal for 2?". I could not believe it. Granted, we ate the food and drank the champagne, but under the premise we were being 'looked after'. i would have expected £200 - £250 but £450??? Jesus. We werent so much looked after but royally stitched up. I spent 3 days running it over in my mind. What took the biscuit was when i demanded to speak to the manager the waiter shrugged and said "he's not hear, you come tomorrow, you eat the food and drink the champagne and now i'm the bad guy??". "You pay or no pay, either way is good". I got the impression this was a threat (police or violence i'm not sure).

Now, you make your mind up. I was a tad naive (running away with the moment) but this is in my view tantamount to a theft.

• Visited July 2011
9 Thank fishlaw28

• Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
“Best place to eat in Baska, excellent buzzara-sauce!”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Good food and nice staff! Try a big plate with shellfish, squids, scallops in buzzara sauce with the home made pasta.

1 Thank Anette3larsson
Munich, Germany
“Best restaurant in Baska”
Reviewed July 21, 2010

When we asked many of the local residents about where to eat. This restaurant was always the first one listed. It is right on the boardwalk. The food was very good. I really liked trying the local sheep cheese with truffles. The seafood was very good. The service was prompt and curtious. The prices were a bit high.

1 Thank Mooommm
London, United Kingdom
“great food”
Reviewed September 13, 2009

The food is great, go for the fish, wine as well, I suggest Žlahtina (produced on the island of Krk itself), the view is fatnastic. The service can be slow, but it's worth the wait