“Great place for vacation directly at the sea”
Review of Hotel Tamaris

Hotel Tamaris
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Baska
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I recommend apartments in the ground floor. They are having 2 rooms - one bedroom with the doublebed and second room with convertible couch, tv, small table, chair, table with 4 chairs and small kitchen with fridge (with no equipment but we don't miss it, it's better to eat in the restaurants but for the family with the small kids it could be good :)) Bathroom with shower. But what is the biggest advantage and the reason why I'm going back to this nice hotel it is the terrace with 4 sunbeds, table and chairs which is situated 10m from the clean see with nice small pebbles beach! From the beach it is separated just with the plants so you have some privacy. The restaurant terrace just follows the terrace of the apartments.
The only thing I could complain in last 2 years is the richnest of the brekfast. I was missing vegetables, good coffee and juice.
Baska bay is one of the best places for the summer holiday not only in Croatia I think. Surroundings is also beautiful and interesting - all the Krk island is...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Tamaris

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We spent great holliday in Hotel Tamaris end of August 2012. The hotel has an excellent location - 10 meters from the beach. The beach is very nice and a great advantage is that in front of the hotel the beach is not overcrowded.

The most valuable asset of the hotel are people. Starting with the great communicator Nenad Polonio, who helps you with each problem, continuing with net ladies Dragana and Marina.

The hotel is very clean. Services in the restaurant were on a high level thanks to Mr. Dino and his colleagues Vilim and others. They are not only real professionals, but also very friendly people. The meal was really excellent. My son (16) is 185 cm high, eats a lot and was very satisfied. My wife our daughter (13) and I as well. The outdoor restaurant is located 10 meters from the beach. It is a big advantage, because also in the days when outside temperature reached 35 degrees Celsius a light wind was blowing and we could eat without feeling the real temperature.

What is here really best in the world is the ice cream. You can have it directly in the hotel restaurant or you can go to the center of Baška (5 minutes walk from the hotel). You will be very pleasantly surprised, that if you order a single portion this means 3 times bigger portion than we were used to in our country

The nature in Baska is unforgetable with rocky mountains surrounding the Baška Bay, great view of island Prvič and a crystal clear water. When using water bicycles we could see the sea bottom even when it was 15 metres deep. We loved the trips on canoe along the coast. We could borrow the canoe just 50 meters from the hotel for a very good price.

The sea was calm almost during the whole stay, one day we had waves and it was the best day of all.

We loved our holiday very much and will definitelly come back next year.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Anton N
Reviewed December 14, 2010

I was planning a summer vacation with my wife and our two daughters, and it happened so that we choose Croatia as our destination. I booked the hotel a few months earlier and got a great price for the room.
The room had a view at the see, and the weather was excellent.
The food was excellent too, we had a buffet for breakfast and for dinner. There was all sorts of food, meat, fish, vegetarian - what my wife liked very much.
The room was great, it has a very nice bathroom, the beds are king size and very comfortable, and we even got a childs bed for our youngest daughter.
The beach was very nice, but a little bit crowded. Never the less the water was very clean.
At the end we even got a 50% discount for our daughter, even that she was 13.
All in all everything was great, and I will recommend this hotel to all of my friends.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank hess74
Reviewed September 11, 2010

I was travelling with my pregnant wife and my almost 2 years old son. We booked for 11 nights and moved to Villa Adria (****, just to make sure) after 3 nights.
1, Location: Less than 10m from the most clean seaside in Baska. Perfect. Beautiful. There is no better alternative in Baska - from this point of view (was checked all other ***+ hotels by the blue flag beach).
2, Room: This was a "mansard" room with roof windows and bath tub (no 217). Only 2 of the rooms has bath tubs, the rest has showers. Clean room. Comfortable beds. Wood baby cot with comfortable mattress, free of charge. Very small tv, air condition (not used them). The problem is the bathroom. It has really unbearable canal smell. I have closed all the drainpipes and any other holes to the canal hermetically, but the smell remained. Possibly there was an other canal opening under the bath tub - could not check that. I do not know whether it is common to all other rooms but actually the whole level had the same smell and for some reason all the corridors had air freshers in every electric socket...
You can not stand straight in the bath tub to have a shower, because of the roof. You have to crouch to take a shower. Quite annoying for a pregnant woman. On the top, there was no shower curtain at all. Used oil smells from afternoon till evening from the windows.
3, Service: Exactly the same breakfast every day, no vegetables at all, very poor assortment, orange juice from powder, etc. Better to have your lunch elsewhere too. I have eat the worst fish there in my life. There is a family like restaurant/motel 50 meters back on the road though. The dinner assortment is similarly poor. There is one kind of soup, there is fish (the same quality I eat for lunch), some kind of meat and a risotto or paste. This time with small amount of vegetables. Do not dream about choosing something free of milk or any special. My son was hardly find anything to eat.
Only the main receptionist understood english well enough (they had no problem with german thought). They answer english emails very rapsodically - sometimes after a week, sometimes do not answer at all.
There is a wireless internet connection by the reception and in the restaurant. Worked only on 1 of the 3 days. Very slow. There is no elevator and no luggage porter service - had quite a lot pack for 11 nights with a pregnant wife and a kid. The room was the farthest, of course.
The reason why we choose a room with bath tub was that they do not have plastic baby bath tubes. Funny, but seems to be quite common there (**** Villa Adria also has none).
4, Fake features: I tried to clarify everything in email that was important to me, and there is a little difference between the email answers and the reality.
Internet. Wifi was untrustable as I wrote. They wrote that there is a wired internet connection in every room so there will be in my reserved one. There was not. They wrote that the roof windows has curtains so I can totally darken the room. They had venetian blinds (?) that could only half the amount of the light - was not enough for my son to sleep after lunch. There is an advertisement and a route plan for bike trailing on the website. They had only one bike to offer and told that this is for the town only. :)

After all, I have seen quite a lot *** hotels in Hungary and cant remember any that was so disappointing like this Croatian one. I have just a little time to rest in a year so I have decided again that I do not risk and book only **** hotels in Croatia (for double price in average).

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank Tyu2
Reviewed April 9, 2010

we have spent there 3days/2 night during Easter Holiday. It was definitely great choice.
The hotel has only 3 stars rating but it's a very good 3 stars. We have been traveling with a dog so they booked us in a suite on the ground floor with the exit to the small terrace and then straight to the beach. Hotel is placed on the very right side of the town, so if you go to the main part of the town you have to walk approx. 10 min. Room was basic but very clean, bathroom looks like brand new (a little laud though, you can hear your neighbors). Restaurant - not too bad, but could be better, especially cafe - do not take if you do not have to.... For lunch or dinner go 10-15 min to the main promenade, find a restaurant Latino and have a great meal. Fried calamari - fingers licking good. Avoid Capitan Restaurant, staff very friendly but definitely overpriced!
For the town, I guess it's the smallest one on that island, but very nice and quiet (at last off the season). you will find supermarket, pharmacy, bakery, etc. It;s a great place if someone like hiking. lot;s of paths around - some of then quite difficult. You can also rent a bike and ride around the island.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2009

We stayed there for the weekend... The hotel is on the beach, the weather was not perfect so we got a discount and were upgraded to an apartment for no extra charge, the hotel staff is very friendly, except for a guy in the breakfast/dinner room who looked as if he had had too much partying and could barely move while working, he was rather funny... The rooms were spacious, with a little more touch, this could easily be a four star. If you want a nice retreat out of season, this is the place to go, it's nice to fall asleep with the sound of waves on your dorstep. The beach is nice, on Sunday the weather improved so we spent the afternoon on the beach. Don't miss the restaurant Cicibela while in Baška, try the fresh fish... I overheard some people complimenting their pizza as well

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kreni
Reviewed July 28, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for two periods in July, and loved the hotel and the friendly staff. The hotel is situated on the beach, the breakfast is good, the staff is very helpful (the manager even offered us transport to Rijeka) and the rooms are clean and nice. We stayed both in a suite and an appartment.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baska
Heritage Hotel Forza
Gospoja Hotel Vinotel
Gospoja Hotel Vinotel
#1 of 1 in Vrbnik
Valamar Koralj Romantic Hotel

Been to Hotel Tamaris? Share your experiences!