The hotel is great if you want to have space with young children and want to cook on your own in the room.
Very modern, clean friendly staff Hotel is great!
About 100meters away is a not so great supermarket (we brought our own food from home in coolers) and a couple of bakeries for bread and ok pastries. They do say in their webpage that there is free access to their pool and wellness center at the owners other hotel. Don’t expect much it is a 1960’s hotel with quite old facilities but ok for kids if it rains.
The beach situation is a disaster!! Especially since you cannot find a place to sit down if you try to go and “mark your territory” after 9AM. If you do get a place, you will be sitting right next to others who will have to walk over you to go to the water, not so relaxing. The hotel told me that they can’t get any reserved spaces form the local municipality. If you don’t have small children you can take a water taxi to your own semi private beach very nice I hear. We did not since we have a very young child and with a stroller you can’t get on the small boats. In any case it sort of defeats getting a beach hotel.
Other tips: If you want a patio you need to get rooms that are ocean view stay away from 102 or 202 since it is ocean view but the patio is much smaller (try 104-106 or 204- 206). Dining in this little town was nice (we only went 1 night). We took the Explorer 2 hour boat tour. Not that great of a trip since you basically go out then look at a scuba diver then go back.
I hope that it helps someone. Again the hotel is great but the beach situation makes it not worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious accommodation just two steps from the famous Vela Plaža beach in Baška on the island of Krk In the centre of Baška Bay, next to one of the most famous Croatian beaches - Vela Beach - a first-class holiday awaits you in the luxurious rooms and apartments of the Atrium Residence Baška. Our most sought-after apartments offer stylishly decorated accommodation with spectacular balcony views of Vela Beach, the sea and the nearby island of Prvić, combined with relaxation in a private whirlpool and a Finnish sauna. Wake up to the sound of the waves. Enjoy the finest of breakfasts in the charming Atrium Café. Spend your holiday swimming in the turquoise sea or in the nearby swimming pools. Explore magical hidden beaches, ancient dry-stone walls, the lunar-like landscape and the wild hills above Baška. After such exciting activities, reward yourself with a massage on a Dreamwater Lounge water bed, or a treatment with herbs, sea salt and essential oils from the miraculous nature of Baška in the nearby Corinthia Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atrium Residence Baska reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atrium Residence Baska Hotel Baska
- Atrium Residence Baska Krk Island, Croatia