All reviews hot pot grand hyatt living room other hotels jade dragon snow mountain oxygen buggy sickness housekeeping yak balcony airport driver
Selected filters
Reviewed January 7, 2018

This is one of the most beautiful resort i have ever been to. Service is top notch from serving staff at the breakfast area, your buggy chauffeurs, to the on-duty manager, Galen. The view is breath-taking, the Sunrise scene is Not to be missed. The overall service quality, design & layout of the premise amongst all should have it classified as Park Hyatt instead, to my mind.
The hotel's website has both Grand Hyatt Lijiang & Mountain Lodge bundled together though & so i thought they are sort-of nearby to each other but only with a different settings of rooms & Style & views. Hence I had myself booked 1 night at Lijiang and 3 nights at the Mountain Lodge.

Room tip: 'Villas have best view' 'otherwise get King Rooms located in House 3 for unblocking view of the Jade Dragon Mountain'
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank jacksonleungcs
Echo H, Manager at Jinmao Purelax Mountain Hotel Lijiang, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2018

Dear jacksonleungcs, thank you for choosing to stay at Jinmao Hotel Lijiang – The Unbound Collecting Hyatt and taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We do appreciate your kind words of our facilities and Service. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our tub made your stay experience more memorable. We look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future. Thank you!

Reviewed January 2, 2018 via mobile

A nice stay!! However I would recommend you to stay in hotels in the city or Kunming before moving up to the mountain lodge. For the first two nights, I did not enjoy my stay at all because of the altitude sickness. I couldn't sleep and felt sick...

The food and beverage offerings need to be improved. Apart from the Yak Hot Pot, which is absolutely delicious, breakfast and lunch selections were so so. Service in general is below standard, although the staff is nice. More trainings required. The signage in the hotel is also lacking. There are quite a lot of space in the hotel which is not fully utilised. Suggest to offer some books and make a library for guests to enjoy leisure time.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 21, 2017

The view from the room is to die for, especially in winter with the snow mountain cape and the fresh air blowing in to your face.

What a vacation and the tranquility is unchallenged but need to pay a premium for accomodation

Room tip: Mountain View
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2017

This property is 20 minutes away from the city( you will enter the park area) Your views will be at the foot of the mountain making it breathtaking. Even walking from room to spa/lobby/restaurant will be beautiful. However, what puts this property over all other hotels in Lijiang is the exceptional staff. From check in to check out every tiny detail, sometimes even before I made a request, were met. Cindy made sure every day we felt welcomed and were enjoying ourselves- as if we were her personal guests. Housekeeping-the design of the room is beautiful and practical, the cleanliness is outstanding. I have never seen Maintenance fix a TV issue (connection to English channels) faster in any other hotel in any other part of the world. Due to a city wide event we transferred our last night to the Hyatt in the city. Upon leaving we left our wallet in the safe. We did not realise this till we were headed to the airport the next morning. Roads in Lijiang were blocked off by police due to a marathon. I was travelling back to Hong Kong and my id (along with everything else!)was in my wallet making entry far more troublesome. Julia raced to my room upon receiving my desperate phone call for help. She retrieved my wallet in enough time to hand it over to the hotel shuttle staff who were just leaving for the city. The shuttle had to travel out of their way due to road closures to locate my driver. Gratefully my wallet was placed back in my hands. This would not have been possible had Julia not been above standards in her service. The hotel shuttle staff acted outside their typical duties to ensure 1 guest did not have a disastrous return home. So yes, the views are beautiful, but the greatest asset this property has is it's exceptional staff!

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank threecharm
Reviewed August 27, 2017

It has a great view of Yulong snow mountain, you can see it at the balcony of your room or most of the public area in the hotel.

The public area of the hotel is amazing, I could stay there for a few days if I am looking for a place to relax or for friend's gathering.

Since the location is inside the country park, the hotel provide shuttle going to another property located near Shuhe. But it is better to rent a car so that you can travel around the area.

Room tip: mountain view
Date of stay: July 2017