“The Colorful Tibetan Cance Centre”

The Tibetan Dance Centre Restaurant & Bar
Florida
“The Colorful Tibetan Cance Centre”
Reviewed December 25, 2007

As I stepped over the threshold of the Tibetan Dance Centre, I realized I was entering a space totally different from most of Lijiang. From the brightly painted walls and ceilings, to the energetic men and woman dancing to exotic Tibetan music, one is indeed. in a different world. I was particularly grateful for the experience, since I have not yet visited Tibet.

The manager Jane and her partner made me feel right at home. To hear Jane's. story, one cannot but be impressed by her dedication to the Tibetan cause. She (an English scientist) and her Tibetan partner met while teaching children in Tibet. Later they decided to open a dance centre celebrating Tibetan culture. Their efforts have paid off in this lovely tribute to Tibet. Here one can while away the hours listening to Tibetan music, watching women and men dancing in beautifully coloured costumes, drinking tea and relaxing. I especially enjoyed their ginger tea, which was made from scratch and helped a tummy bug I had previously picked up. Another time I had delicious Tibetan bread spread with a kind of honey. They have a full menu of Tibetan treats to explore.

I have showed photos of the Tibetan Dance Centre to numerous friends here in the United States. All have been struck by the beauty and radiant energy of this place. I would recommend the Tibetan Dance Centre highly to anyone desiring an authenic taste of Tibet within China.

Melbourne
“A great place to visit”
Reviewed November 9, 2007

When stopping in Lijiang, visit the Tibetan Dance centre restaurant and bar where you will experience the warmth and hospitality of the local people. A great place to spend an evening learning typical Tibetan dances whilst enjoying a drink and food with the dance group for a memorable night that is different to the nearby tourist bars and cafes along the canal now catering for western tourists.

Chengdu
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An amusing night-out in Lijiang”
Reviewed October 20, 2007

We went to the Tibetan Dance Centre for a beer and some snacks. (besides the yummy Tibetan dishes, the homemade potato crisps are great!), and were also treated to some Milk Tea by hostess Jane. We enjoyed the performance by the Tibetan Dancers; and had a wonderful time. We'll surely visit again when in Lijiang.

Irini & Johnny, Chengdu - China (July 2007)

1 Thank IriniB