See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 3, 2017

This is much more of a guest house than a resort hotel, and arriving with that understanding will help you manage your expectations. While the rooms are adorable, the whole building is made of wood, which means that the doors and windows do not sit flush or close smoothly, instead having significant gaps which let in light, mosquitoes, and the voices of your neighbors. Doors are shut from inside with a block of wood, and padlocked from outside when you go out, and rooms are lacking a safe to store valuables, which made me worry about the security of my belongings while I was there because of the rudimentary locking system. It appeared to me that some rooms had more modern doors, so it would be worth checking this upon booking.

The location of the hotel, the views from the roof terraces, and the general ambiance are spectacular, while the pick-up and drop-off service from Lijiang Station or Airport is very welcome and made a huge difference to the ease of our journey.

Describing breakfast as basic would be generous, and having read reviews I arrived with some cereal in case it was an issue. What I wasn't expecting was the total absence of coffee at breakfast, and when I asked for one it was brought black and I was told an additional 20 Yuan was being put on my bill. Adding what I believed to be milk to my coffee lead me to discover, as it turned into a curdled mess, that the hotel also only provides soya milk. Bring instant coffee and UHT milk if you need coffee in the morning.

I enjoyed my stay, and this is a charming residence, but it is not a hotel, and the lack of secure rooms, safes, and fridges in the rooms, and coffee or milk proves this. Visit the New Huifeng knowing that.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a secure door, or with a safe to store valuables
Date of stay: July 2017
1  Thank LuxuryCat
Reviewed May 16, 2017

We had 2 nights here and really recommend staying here and, more generally, in Shuhe.

Winnie was a fabulous host, and ensured our stay was a most pleasant one. She has excellent English and she arranged a driver for a day trip (to TLG, and a bit of Lijiang) and our transfer to our next location. The hotel picked us up from the airport. While we had most contact with Winnie, the other staff were also friendly and helpful - including taking us to the restaurant when we showed some uncertainty about directions!

The room was charming and spacious. While we were staying there were renovations underway to the bar and restaurant area - management went out of their way to limit any impact on our stay. The renovations will be completed by now and make the place even more lovely.

Date of stay: April 2017
Reviewed September 23, 2016

Room super big and decorated fantastically, great hotel staff (they came out and guided me back when I got lost...well, for several times...) and everything friendly with a very reasonable price. Will recommend it to my friends.

Room tip: My room was 6013 something (not sure, can remember) and that one had a very nice sunken living room with sofa big enough for 10 people :)
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank LLLexie
Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

Beware of the latter! There seem to be two Huifeng ressorts, this one is called Lijiang (new) Huifeng but (also) is situated in Shuhe old town.

Excellent stay just outside the buzzle of the shops and restaurants but still amidst the town. No own restaurant but walking 50 meter will give you all Shuhe has to offer. Breakfast is toast, eggs, jam and limited but qualitative authentic Chinese dishes.
Nice pool. Good rooms with water cooker fresh lillies in the room and proper beds.

Normally would have given four stars but staff (young limited English but help all the way when renting bikes, booking bus tickets etc, and making tea ceremony all the time) made it complete for us.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2016

A picturesque Chinese mansion, built with traditional materials in the Shuhe village, 20 minutes from Lijiang. It is better to stay in this village if you're in Lijiang area and not in the crowded city. Service is good so do the location. Mr. Bn, the owner, speaks a little English and he was helpful in booking trips around and bus tickets.

Room tip: Ask for Mr. Bn for tips around
Date of stay: May 2016