All reviews the main square fried bread old town min walk train station chinese tea beautiful hotel driver english china heater
Selected filters
Reviewed January 5, 2019 via mobile

We loved our stay here. This is a family run hotel which really care about their guests. They greet you with their own tea everytime you enter the hotel and they are very keen to ensure you enjoy exploring Lijiang.

The room was very well appointed and was extremely comfortable. We even discovered that the digital box has movies on demand, and although the navigation menu is entirely in Chinese most western films are in English with Chinese subtitles... A great restbite from watching Chinese TV!

Breakfast here is excellent, a great way to start the day!

While we were here my girlfriend was ill for a couple of days and we had to change our plans and stay an extra night. The hotel were excellent in arranging this and made sure we didn't have to change room. They even allowed us to have breakfast in our room and made sure we were well stocked with freshly made tea which certainly speeded recovery!

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Lijiang.

Thank you for a great stay!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank John_al_s
Reviewed December 29, 2018 via mobile

What can I say ... my family and I had a splendid and comfort time at JBX guesthouse. The hotel is a 4 generation run presently by Tracy, a wonderful Chinese entrepreneurs with a perfect English skills. Right from the moment we arrived at Lijiang train station until the final moment, all her staffs had showed a great enthusiasm to make our stay the most memorable experience (thank you Ms. Xu, the front office). I would also recommend “Papa restaurant” , a traditional Chinese hotpot, the restaurant owner is Tracy’s friend. My kids loved the Yak hotpot so much that we end up went for dinner 2 nights in a row. Thank you everyone again at JBX ... merry Christmas and happy new year to all of you.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Ultraseven_818
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

My friend and I spent 3 memorable nights at the JunBo Boutiques Guesthouse right next to the river in a quiet section of the old town. The young lady at the desk spent time to help me purchase an airline ticket for a family emergency. She paid for the plane ticket when I couldn’t use a credit card. Her empathy and care went far and beyond expectations.

While the breakfast menu did not offer much in terms of variety, the crossing-the-bridge noodle, congee, cooked to order eggs and the fried bread were very tasty. They also have 2 baskets of fruits available to the guests at any time.

A variety of Chinese tea, ceremoniously prepared by the host, is offered each time a guest enters the Guesthouse. They serve the tea in tiny porcelain cups. There is a table with chairs set up in one area of the front just for this ceremony. This was common with all the guest houses that we stayed in.

Our room was very clean with comfortable beds and a big bathroom area. The hot water in the shower worked each time as well as the drainage. Our room was very quiet with the sound of the fast flowing river in the background. There were 2 complimentary bottles of water each day.

The ladies at the front desk can speak a bit of English. They help arrange a car and driver for guests who request for this service.

Highly recommended.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 31, 2018

we stayed in the river view suite and it was excellent. It was far better than I expected. Wonderful views from the room and lots of space to enjoy. The hotel is a lovely retreat from this busy tourist town. The garden is a wonderful place to slow down and enjoy the beautiful environment. The staff spoke English and were gracious and hekpful. Our only regret is that we did not take more time to enjoy this very special place.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank baywanderer
Reviewed April 11, 2018

Our very first trip to Asia, China and Lijiang was all in the same trip. Could not be happier about our choice to stay at this amazing place! The breakfast, the decor, the helpfulness of our host exceeded wayyyyyy beyond our expectations. Speaking english is so important there- so helpful (not many people did in the whole town) the arrangements the host made for our tours were 5 times cheaper than we thought they would cost- EVERYTHING has me talking about this trip still. I love the traditional look of it- made me step into a time machine a little and enjoy the surroundings and decors so much, i am decorating my new apartment based on the inspiration i got from JunBo guesthouse! Thank you friends at Jun Bo, we are recommending you to out families and if we ever return - we will look nowhere else to stay! We dream of your tea, and of the feeling the stay with you gave us! Thank you!

Room tip: Room looking over the river would be fantastic. Family room looking over courtyard are spacious and gorgeous.
Date of stay: November 2017