“Impressive knowledge”

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Impressive knowledge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2011

“Yulong Mountain and more...”
Pending review

I have been to China Twice now in 2007 and 2009-2010. Both times i have been guided by Wu ( and Lassie). We went all over China, including Tibet, Inner Mongolia , Beijing , Kunming, Shangri-la ,Chengdu, Dali and many other places including Liijiang in Yunnan province.
I can honestly say that if it had not been for Wu and her vast knowledge of Chinese culture my trips would have been superficial at best. Impressive for a young woman of her age. She translated for me, we ate in places i would never have ventured in, she even cooked in small out of the way places in circumstances where she felt we might not get the desired quality of food. No MSG she would tell the cook, and she checked.
The savings of having her negociate for me reduced the cost of my travels and increased my appreciation of this great country...not always easy to travel in. By western standards the cost of her services were more than reasonable.
China was heaven after 8 months in India. Wu is a lovely girl, a bit timid at first. She will introduce you to the China of her ancestors and the country of her generation.
She has contacts with westerners and people in mountain villages. Treat her well and you will enjoy your stay. She makes it simple, easy and comfortable.

6 Thank Richard C

Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Perfect tour guide!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

I hired Wu as my tour guide in October 2010 for a trip to Chengdu and the surrounding areas. She did a wonderful job guiding me in the city of Chengdu and to the beautiful panda zoo, the mountain of Emei Shan and the giant Buddah of Leishan. Wu is very helpful when it’s time to plan an itinerary, book bus tickets, negotiate in stores or order in restaurants! In many Chinese cities and villages, most people don’t talk English so it’s very useful to have a Chinese speaker. Traveling with Wu is always easy, because she is always joyful and sensitive to people’s needs. She likes her country and she is always available to explain any question about the Chinese culture. The thing that makes me the most happy about my trip to Chengdu is to now have Wu as a friend forever.
Jean-Francois