“Wonderful hotel”

Banyan Tree Lijiang
Ranked #6 of 942 Hotels in Lijiang
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Good hotel and excellence environment, specially good service. As long as I entered the hotel, the jade dragon mountain came into my eyes. That's so cool. My wife loves the image so much. Meanwhile, the spa is so nice that we did spa everyday during my stay period.

• Stayed: February 2014
Michael T, General Manager at Banyan Tree Lijiang, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Dear Monicamusic,

We thank you for staying with us at Banyan Tree Lijiang and also for your very positive comments.

We are truly delighted that you and your family had a wonderful experience. I have shared your comments with our associates who are happy that they could contribute to your joy and happiness during your visit to Lijaing.

We sincerely look forward to your return and thank you again,

Very best regards,

There are newer reviews for Banyan Tree Lijiang

Reviewed March 18, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Banyan Tree Lijiang for three nights. I am not Chinese so my girlfriend being from China, we had the opportunity to explore the local places without any language issues or restrictions. But Banyan Tree had no problems whatsoever to undertand me or my needs and we had the most amazing time. The natural feel of the resort with the amazing mountain views are already a huge plus. Then the staff add on to that with thier great service, friendliness and never say " No" attitude. Every morning we were greeted with big smiles from the people tending the landscape to all the way to the security guarsd at the gate.

We really had a wonderful time. Can't wait to go back some day.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms with the duplex where you can wake up overlooking the Snow Mountain, and have your...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Rajalvis,

My team and I are truly delighted to know that your recent visit to Lijiang and your stay at Banyan Tree Lijiang were memorable in all aspects.

We are sincerely happy that we could contribute to this wonderful experience and thank you for choosing Banyan Tree as well for taking the time to write your review.

Of course, we too, look forward to welcoming you back and wish you all the very best.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

It's my second time to Lijiang after 2005, but first time with banyan tree which recommend by friend. I have to say I made a right decision.
I was lose my heart to this hotel while I arrived, the view from lobby is magnificent, pond, antique pagoda, snow montain, Naxi style building... The staff were friendly and helpful. The villa make me feel in a world of my own, enjoy my private garden with a jet pool directly facing to snow montain.
This hotel is located next to Shuhe old town within walking distance, you will pass a small store with old and local furniture, very interesting.
My wife said the SPA is the best SPA in China, the food price is resonable compare to the restaurant in old town. hotel is very big, easy to get lost, have to carry a hotel map all the time.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael T, General Manager at Banyan Tree Lijiang, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Dear Hetian,

Thank you very much for your very positive observations that you have shared and for choosing Banyan Tree Lijiang.
We have taken note of your comments and shared them with our respective teams and while appreciating the positive experience that you have shared, we also seriously look and make initiate corrective action for any areas that we have failed to meet your expectations.

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very well designed, the architecture makes you feel like you are away from the city, whereas one of Lijiang Old Town is just 15mins away walking distance.

The rooms are nice, we had a small garden and could see the mountains waking up in the morning.

Breakfast is good, they have food to satisfy both Chinese and Western palates. Room service was also nice, prices are ok for a 5 star hotel.

Staff is very helpful and accommodating which you would expect from this kind of hotel, but getting a good service is pretty rare in China.

I would recommend this hotel for couple visiting Lijiang.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fabrice S

Dear Fabrice S,

Reviewed February 18, 2014

The USD 700 per night room certainly didn't provide us with surprises we would like to have: Room Electricity Failure over the night; Stink from toilets ; Stain on the curtain and carpet ; Poor heating system; Limited breakfast choices. There are better choices in the city.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com
1  Thank Jia L
Michael T, Manager at Banyan Tree Lijiang, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Jia L,
Thank you very much for your staying at Banyan Tree Lijiang. We are so sorry that you experienced a disappoint stay. I have been reported the details of above matters to the department concerned. We assure you that the necessary actions have been taken to ensure that similar incidents will not be occurring again in the future.
We are looking forward to welcome you again while you visiting Lijiang.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed February 8, 2014

This was my second visit to Banyan Tree Lijiang on one year. I wanted to spend time before the Chinese New Year as Lijiang would be too busy.

The hotel did even better than my last visit although it got older. The staff is very friendly and ever so helpful. The services are performed with dedication even though one can clearly see old and outdated equipment. Internet, Room facilities especially heating are such inconveniences. We had some difficulty with cold restaurant and room.

The Shuhe old town , from the last visit has got more thrash everywhere, more commercial. It is unfortunate too see the beauty of such places being compromised for profits. Government involvement is necessary to curb the uncontrolled development.

The Banyan Tree Lijiang remains the Grand old lady with charm and character amidst the chaos happening just outside. This is mainly due to the charming people who ensure that the hotel is meeting the expectations of the customers, whereas Lijiang doesn't anymore.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank kerdpathomyon

Dear kerdpathomyon,

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Stayed during CNY and cannot compare to the previous hotel I stayed in Lijiang which was so called International but poor in quality. Banyan Tree is a good place with beautiful views of the mountain. Lots of space to relax in the room and enjoy the privacy. Breakfast was too crowded and messy but I think it s not usual.Friendly staff and also efficient but again, maybe because of the CNY busy times, sometimes they were struggling to serve everyone. The hotel has a fleet of Jeeps which are cool and also the Spa is fantastic.
Overall, great stay and we will go back.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends