I echo other readers. If you want a top hotel with really beautiful villas, this is the place for you.
We were greeted at the reception with the most delicious tea I've ever tasted! Staff were generally friendly and helpful.
We stayed in a jacuzzi villa. Didn't use the jacuzzi because there were insects inside.. Aside from this, the villa was absolutely gorgeous. Three people shared this villa, which had two bathrooms! One large double bed and a separate bedroom with a single bed. The villa has glass walls (with curtains and shutters for privacy) which let in a lot of natural light, so we felt surrounded in nature! Turndown service included small souvenirs each evening which was a nice touch. Overall the villa was really beautiful and we felt really pampered.
We tended to eat dinner outside because, as mentioned in other reviews, the food is adequate at best. Food at breakfast was good and service was excellent.
The hotel is a short taxi ride from town (taxis are fairly inexpensive). Location is great because of the open space and mountain views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the historic charm, rich culture and sweeping landscapes of Lijiang, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997. Located in the highlands of Yunnan province, the resort is adjacent to the Na'xi minority old town of Shuhe and only a 10 minute drive from the ancient Silk Road town of Baisha. Situated close to the base of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, it is surrounded by high peaks and hidden valleys, making it a photographers dream. Many unique experiences are ready to be enjoyed as you explore the back streets of the ancient towns, traverse the mountainous landscape to Tiger Leaping Gorge, Wen Hai lake, or take a cycle trek through the foothills to remote Yi villages. For a more leisurely experience, indulge in one of the many luxurious treatments available at the world renowned Banyan Tree Spa. With clear blue skies for nine months of the year, enjoy a breath of fresh air and escape to the tranquility of Banyan Tree Lijiang. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Ctrip TA and Agoda so you can book your Banyan Tree Lijiang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Lijiang Hotel Lijiang
- Banyan Tree Hotel Lijiang
- Lijiang Banyan Tree Hotel