Review Highlights
Everest trip

The trip was very well organized from the hotels to restaurant's,the staff were only to happy to... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed October 8, 2018
w0zza10
Perth, Australia
Motorbike trip through Tibet

The most epic and enjoyable holidays ever experienced Everest was awesome,The whole crew was more... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed October 7, 2018
mpolini

All reviews everest base camp tibet tour own vehicle world tour an adventure hendrik crew dhaka border himalayas tours mongolia formalities tashi mechanic bikes journey
Reviewed September 25, 2016

In June and July I went through China with my Dutch registred vehicle, entering Xinjiang, going through Tibet an exiting from Yunnan to Laos, arranged by Tibet Moto. Everything was arranged very well. At the preparation stage the contact through email was crisp and clear. Hendrik took time to answer al my questions, he made me a travel schedule and adapted were necesery. Than we also had a skype meeting to talk through everything.

Just before I intended to enter China, Tibet was suddenly closed by the government for foreigners. Hendrik walked the extra mile to arrange an alternative, with last minute changes in entry dates and vehicle permits, so I could wait in Kashgar for Tibet to be open again.

The transit itself went smooth without any hickups. Ofcourse there are a lot of different aspects involved, going through a technical vehicle check, getting a chinese driver license and insurance for the vehicle. But they all turned out good. On the road there are a lot of police checks, there the documents prooved to be al legit, besides the time it takes there were no problems at all. The different guides asigned to me were professional and friendly, also helping from ordering food in restaurants to minor vehicle maintenance issues.

In Yunnan I met personally with Hendrik and his wife. He took me out for dinner and beers, also on a personal level Hendrik is a trustworthy guy in my perception. Even after I departed China he showed interest in my wellbeing and he helped me with advise of travel agencies for overlanding. The departure out of China went very quick, before noon I already departed China.

Overall I can really recommend Tibet Moto for other overlanders wishing to cross China. Crossing China with your own vehicle isnt cheap, but Tibet Moto was way cheaper than other travel agencies I contacted, with an excellent service. So well done Hendrik!

Date of experience: June 2016
3  Thank plvo
Reviewed August 15, 2016

We had a family friendly tour in China´s Yunnan Province. Highlights were the Tibetan family home-stay at Jiabe (can you believe there are baby goats for the kids to play with- they enjoyed it a lot).
Since you go in Yunnan Province you have the feeling to experience Tibet and the Tibetans and eat their local and organic food (and homemade wine) and great easy hiking trails into deep ancient forest nearby. There are other places nearby you can visit as the old town of Dali and the old town of Lijiang.
Our guide was very professional. He also was willing to take care about our children and that the kids liked him.
I recommended this tour to all my friends and family. This is once in a lifetime experience not to miss.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed August 14, 2016

I joined a 9 days motorbike tour with 3 of my friends in China this August. The landscapes were really beyond our expectations. Gorges, cliffs, valleys and snow mountains made the Alps look like a smaller brother of the mountains in Yunnan.

We mainly took backroads with little to no traffic which were well paved. Although the hotels and guesthouses were often simple in remote areas they were clean and somehow charming (especially the one in the Tiger Leaping gorge with the terrace high above the cliffs). Local food and dishes were everywhere absolutely delicious.

Our Tibetan motorbike tour guide was quite a character, really funny and made this adventure even better. We will come back to see more of this awesome country!

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank Alice J
Reviewed August 10, 2016

Hello everyone, we booked with Tibetmoto because of the recommendation of friends and didn't regret it. The trip of a lifetime-with our VW bus from Holland through China and Tibet and further to Thailand-was well organized. Tibetmoto got all the necessary China permits and transit documents for us and the bus. Furthermore, the arranged guides who picked us up from the border at Irkeshtam and accompanied us to the Laos border were super friendly, helpful, and spoke excellent English. We shared a lot of laughs together. From communication before booking (we had many questions and they were all answered in detail) to picking a route and management of the permits and documents, everything was great. The only drawback about the route was that the road between Lhasa and Deqin was under construction and quite challenging.

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank Dawn H
Reviewed July 21, 2016

I booked a tour with Tibetmoto and was pleasantly surprised! I had an amazing time riding around Yunnan, aided by a very professional guide who took pains to make sure the whole experience went as smooth and safely as possible. The views were incredible and we also got to experience Chinese lifestyle in the many little villages we visited on the way.
All in all an amazing trip I will never forget!

Date of experience: July 2016