Review Highlights
Everest trip

The trip was very well organized from the hotels to restaurant's,the staff were only to happy to... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed October 8, 2018
w0zza10
Perth, Australia
Motorbike trip through Tibet

The most epic and enjoyable holidays ever experienced Everest was awesome,The whole crew was more... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed October 7, 2018
mpolini

All reviews everest base camp tibet tour own vehicle world tour an adventure hendrik crew dhaka border tours himalayas mongolia formalities tashi mechanic bikes journey
Reviewed January 25, 2016

If you're planning to travel to Asia/China anytime soon, you absolutely have to book at least one day trip organised by Tibetmoto, but I have to warn you - you're risking to experience some massive disappointment... because by the evening, you will wish you had spent the entire MONTH with them, cruising through the astonishing Chinese countryside, after you might've decided that you want to venture beyond the fast & animated life of Beijing and discover the more traditional lifestyle of the native people, and make the whole travelling experience truly personal and spiritually enriching.

During my trip, I never felt that we were something else than friends. The organisers and guides were exceptionally understanding of my needs and the way they handled everything went beyond my wildest expectations. They made me feel at ease and safe everywhere we'd go, were enthusiastic, easy-going, open and excellent communicators, but what I appreciated the most was how flexible they were also, letting me choose precisely what I wanted to visit and when, which gave me the possibility to experience beautiful old towns like Dali and Lijiang right after leaving the noisy, vibrant capital, which made for a much better understanding of the contrasts of Chinese society.

I believe that travelling should be about discovering new cultures and assimilating the lifestyles they preach, even just for a few days, which Tibetmoto haven't failed to help me accomplish. They made sure that my experience would be as authentic as possible and helped me to see a way of life that was different to anything I've seen before. Even the hotels I've stayed in had a cosy and local feel to them, so strong that I sometimes felt that I had lived there all my life! They had perfect knowledge of the Chinese culture and history (and language!), which made my trip more than a simple holiday, but a unique learning opportunity which also consisted of learning about myself, among other things. I would definitely do it again!

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed January 22, 2016

I have to say that hendrik, the owner and also our tour guide was exceptional. The service and communication before and during the tour was great, and importantly everything was just as we had agreed on. I joined a group motorbike tour in Yunnan and I drove the Shineray X5. I honestly thought this bike would have failed me because it was a Chinese bike and I normally drive a BMW at home but the bike actually exceeds my expectation! In the end I found out that the bike was very good and I had a lot of fun riding it. Moreover, the landscape in Yunnan was very versatile, one day I am in the tropics and the next day I am in the Tibetan Himalayas. It was a Wonderful experience.

Date of experience: January 2016
Reviewed January 21, 2016 via mobile

Smoothest trip ever. Tibetmoto arranged the trip perfectly for me and my family. I�ve got two small children, so its important that a touring company knows the needs of families in such as rough climate.
The landscapes and surroundings were absolutely stunning and the highlight for us was the Everest base camp. Communication with tibetmoto (tour manager: Hendrick) was smooth and all information on health, altitude and many other issues were very helpful.
Although Tibet is not an easy travel destination everything was excellent including the hotels and the activities (children friendly) were perfectly planned.

Date of experience: January 2016
Reviewed January 18, 2016 via mobile

This tour was an absolutely amazing experience. Every stop we made on this tour was beautiful and our tour guide was extremely knowledgeable and kind. My friend and I were very pleased because they live up to their promise and our expectations were met. We enjoyed the food, the environment and the people. It was just a tremendous experience, I am back home now day dreaming about booking a next tour with Tibetmoto.

Tibetmoto thanks for the once in a life time experience and hospitality.

Date of experience: November 2015
Reviewed January 17, 2016

We started off in our comfortable 4x4 with the group. At first I thought we were going to be riding something that would be quite old, but to our surprise everything was up to standard and new. My most favorite spot was the Stone Drum Town. Everything about it is artistic in its own way and very historical. The drive towards the lake was something to be hold, a true scenic beauty. Normally, most tour guides simply rush certain events and ignore some important parts, but I can say for the least that EVERYTHING was as described on this tour and it was nothing short of excellent. Not only was the guide very knowledgeable but very friendly as well. It was well worth the trip!

Date of experience: August 2015