“A Relaxing Hike with great views”

Tibetmoto -Day Tour
Ranked #3 of 14 Tours in Dali
More attraction details
Owner description: Tibetmoto offers day tours in and around Dali by motorbike, scooter, foot (hiking), bicycle and sightseeing / photo trips. The focus on all tours is to discover Dali area beyond off the beaten track and get a real insight into people, landscape and culture. Participants can chose between fixed departure day tours and customized tours.
Reviewed December 30, 2015

After spending a few weeks in the northern part of China surrounded by concrete, I was very excited to get out into nature and see some beautiful sites. I had heard that in Yunnan there is a very pretty place called the Tiger Leaping Gorge. So after some research I chose this hike and it did not disappoint! I’m still stunned by the views we saw during the four days. Our guide Lobsang was very knowledgable and made walking the trail easy. We never hiked more than 4 hours a day and usually it was less than that, which is very doable. While the hike wasn’t extremely challenging, it was still really nice to have a comfy bed to rest in every night and I thought the chosen hotels were very charming and boutique like, it made for a nice touch. Everything was taken care of, from airport pick-up to a day-to-day itinerary. It’s not often that I just get to setback and enjoy the trip, but on this hike I didn’t have to worry about a thing.

Date of experience: April 2015
"bikes"
in 6 reviews
"journey"

Reviewed December 23, 2015

Our Tibet tour was a perfect adventure trip for me, my husband and my two children (age 12 and 14). Especially my children enjoyed it a lot as they had so many fun activities to do like yak and horse riding and trekking. Our tour started with a visit to Kokonor salt lake where we had an awesome yak ride and enjoyed the views on the lake. Lhasa and the Potala Palace was spectacular as well. We explored the true Tibetan beauty in a 3- day trek which covered Shalu Monastery and Ngor Monastery. The visit to the Everest Base Camp was an exciting opportunity to be at the foot of world’s highest mountain.
This tour was indeed one of the best vacation we've ever had.
Tour guide Nyima - a Tibetan who learned English in India - was very smart and acquainted with the places which made our trip more interesting. Also, all our queries and concerns were taken care of before the booking was done and Tibetmoto gave us many different tour options. Recommended!

Date of experience: June 2015
Reviewed December 23, 2015

I was on a trip to China during our last vacation with my college friends. We decided to go n a Tibetmoto Day tour since we wanted to do something adventurous. The booking process was smooth and I contacted the owner Hendrik for the booking. He helped us to get the reservation done without any hassle at all. All my questions were answered promptly. Shineray helped us to plan our motor bike tour just as we expected. We were given with 400cc motor bikes and it was the most powerful bike that I have ever driven in my life. All of us enjoyed the tour very much as they were extremely helpful as well. I highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to do something adventurous as a group in China.

Date of experience: June 2015
Reviewed December 18, 2015

Yunnan was absolutely gorgeous! We are so glad to have been a part of it. I joined this tour together with my husband and my two children (age four and six) and what we especially liked were the kids friendly activities on that tour. We took a private fun to do Chinese dumpling cooking class and stayed one night in a real Tibetan farm home. The next morning our children were milking cows with the Tibetan grandparents and brought the goats into the mountains. The time spend in the car was not really short (its a vast country), but doable for children if you bring some toys to play with.
A great vacation to get away from the hustle and bustle of Chinese cities. In Yunnan you can really experience the beautiful countryside and traditional life.
Our guide Sonam was very knowledgeable and easy to get along with. Booking was easy and Tibetmoto gave us many different tour options, ideas and customized our trip in the end.

Date of experience: December 2015
See more reviews
Reviewed December 16, 2015

Motorbiking with Tibetmoto was an adventure that I will definitely seek to have again. I knew that I had picked the right company to tour with by the warmth and kindness that I experienced from both the owner, Hendrik and Tenzin who had been patient, pleasant and informative while he answered all of my initial questions and concerns.

From the beginning of this journey, I felt like I was in good hands and that I could trust Sonam to guide us on this wonderful trip and he did. The land was absolutely stunning. The small towns were amazing and the ever-expansive rice terraces were unbelievable. I can’t imagine seeing the Yunnan province in any other way. I am so happy that I followed my first mind and rode with Tibetmoto. It’s a trip that I have to definitely take again. I can’t wait to go back! Highly recommended!

Date of experience: December 2015