“Excellent Experience !!!”

Rock Solid Adventures-Dali Private One-day Tour
Ranked #4 of 13 Tours in Dali
More attraction details
Owner description: At Rock Solid Adventures we are here to ensure that your visit to Dali isn’t ordinary. We specialize in doing trips that capture the unique beauty and adventurous spirit found in Yunnan China. With mountains, high altitude lakes, caves, cliffs and other marvelous landscapes, there is no shortage of options for having your own adventure! And with the many colorful ethnic groups found in and around Dali you can experience the culture of this magical place. Whether it’s one of our own trips or one custom made just for you and your needs, we’re sure you can find just the right adventure to make those lasting memories of your trip to Dali!
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I have had many outings now with Jacob and have loved all of them. This one was a winter hike up Cang Shan, it was sunny and warm in Old Town and we started hiking up the snow capped mountains. It was so picturesque and such an amazing trip. We did it over 2/3 days and camped and had warm fires and hot food. Such an amazing experience and would highly recommend it to anyone who is going to Dali. In the spring, summer and autumn I know this is a trip that can be done in 1 day but if you have the time I highly recommend camping at the top and enjoy the sunrise over the lake in the morning. the views from the top are sensational and the sense of achievement when you reach the peak some 4006m up is just incredible. This along with the rappelling, caving and rock climbing have all be amazing. If you are in Dali or going to be in Dali, then definitely get in touch with Jacob and let him give you an experience you'll never forget. highly trained, experienced and knowledgeable, you'll feel safe all the time.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank chinalad06

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Great trip. Absolutely beautiful! Jacob knows his stuff. In China I would use no other company.I love Dali and Rock Solid Adventures. We were a group of 20 on and 8 day journey and it was unforgettable.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Robandjoyplus3
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I have taken one group of high school Chinese students caving and another group rock-climbing and repelling with Jacob over the past 2 years around Dali. The caving was an amazing experience - all of us went down a 50 meter cave and successfully made it out :) Jacob proved to be extremely patient with each of us and was very professional. It was one of our highlights of our trip. The 2nd group of kids I took also had an unforgettable experience as it was the first time for most everyone to go rock-climbing and repelling. Again, Jacob was organized, professional, very personable, relilable and made our outdoor adventure trip well-worth it! I would most definitely recommend all to try one of his outdoor options if travelling to Yunnan!

2  Thank okieeslteacher
Reviewed April 30, 2014

My friend and I visited Dali a couple of weeks back. Jacob had just come back from a 5 day trip but made every effort to come and meet us and get us on our way climbing. I have been a few times before and a couple of times since elsewhere. Other than being a really nice guy and very easy to get on with the most important factor in these experiences is being able to trust the guy at the end of the rope. He offered sound and appropriate guidance, the gear was all top quality and his background in mountain rescue and designing harnesses all contributed to a first class trip and an incredibly enjoyable afternoon. You need to take part in at least one of his activities in Dali!

2  Thank Iambackers
See more reviews
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I must admit I never was interested with the outdoors. Living in a city all my life, I was accustomed to many creature comforts- hot water, soft beds, constant internet connection and the like. I came to Dali Old Town with then intention of having a relaxing, lazy holiday.
However, my friends had different ideas! They were looking for something that was new, exciting and for that once-in-a-lifetime experience that no one would ever forget.

After a quick search, we narrowed our options to Climb Dali and Rock Solid Adventures. We finally decided on Rock Solid Adventures and what a time we had!

Jacob(the owner) brought us out to the mountains where we spent 6 days hiking 60km. That might not sound like much but it when you put in the crazy altitude change, rough terrain and weather, it was definitely a challenge! The sense of accomplishment and satisfaction I felt after finishing was incredible. This was definitely one of my greatest physical achievements in life!

Of course, it wasn't all pain and misery. The sights and mountain views were simply breathtaking. I lost count of just how many pictures we took over the course of the week. Most of the scenery in the background were actually paths we walked through along the way!

On top of that, Jacob also brought us through villages in the mountains where we met and were even housed by the villagers! Their hospitality and friendliness was so touching and really something I will never forget. Such warmness is something I rarely experience in a city, especially from other strangers. Living with them, even if only for a night, and being immersed in their culture was really so different to anything I could possibly read about.

Of course, no trip would be complete without food, and boy was it good! I had already braced myself for cold rations and biscuits for the next 6 days, but I was completely mistaken! Even with the high altitude and difficulties preparing any sort of meal on the mountains, Jacob still managed to cook spectacular dinners every night. Over the 6 days, the menu included Chicken Paella, Spaghetti Bolognaise and Beef Stew! I found myself waiting impatiently in anticipation for night so I could stuff myself with fantastic food. It was all the more delicious after a long and tiring day!

Safety is always an issue,
especially in the mountains with the harsh weather, unreliable roads and shaky connection. However, I was really impressed with how professional and calm Jacob was dealing with all the injuries that happened along the way. Twisted ankles, blistered feet, altitude sickness and the countless scratches and cuts didn't faze him in the least. We were fortunate no one was seriously hurt during the trip but even if anything major happened, I'm confident that Jacob would be able to take care of it.

All in all, this was really a once in a lifetime adventure. Words can't describe what an incredible time we all had- not just pure fun and excitement but also full of challenge, adventure and personal fulfillment. My only regret was that our tight schedule prevented us from seeing more of the beautiful mountainside. I've been absolutely converted to the adventuring life!

4  Thank Mattyhjh