“my phone lost and found”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Bakery No. 88

The Bakery No. 88
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Dali
Cuisines: Fast Food, Cafe, European
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Chengdu, China
“my phone lost and found”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

It's near the west entrance of Renminlu, during my stay in Dali I came here a few times, love the cakes here and they have almond oil for sale. After I had a cheese cake one day I left my phone here and luckily the staff helped me to keep it until I went back, I'm very grateful for what they've done. this is my first phone lost and found in China !
very good icecream

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank TangueraMeow

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
“An Oasis in Dali Old Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

I went to Bakery 88 in 3 times, one for a delicious breakfast, coffee, organic breads and jams made from locally sourced ingredients, cakes. The second one, I went for lunch, delicious italian pasta and cheese platter. Finally I went to buy wine, cheese and some bread to take away.
Excelent food and service, congratulations!

• Visited June 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Find Bagels only at 88”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

Love the new place. More airy with constant and attentive service. Great apple cake but most importantely, great bagels. I have been in China for many years now and this is the only place where you can have breakfast eating your "do-it yourself" toasted bagels with cream cheese. One recommendation, cream cheese is too little for one full bagel. A place to enjoy and relax

• Visited May 2014
Toronto, Canada
“They moved... Much nicer space in my opinion ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Cappuccino was very good. I sat in the court yard that had a nice light breeze cool but with plenty of sun. I missed the move as I was in Beijing at the time. I really love the new place. Did I mention that?
Ok coffee and cappuccino as usual were excellent. Just had cheese cake .... For China ... It was great. For North America ... It was good ... Maybe cheese factory standard which to me is good but not great. Staff speak English and are very very helpful. Overall once again a great experience. Not a single bakery in Beijing has been able to up their baked goods and customer service.

Lijiang, China
“Favorite place in Dali”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

Definitely my favorite place in Dali.

The place is clean and relaxing, the service is great and the food is amazing.

Had lunch one time there, I had the salmon bagel, which was great and it is very difficult to get a decent salmon bagel in China, if not impossible.

My girlfriend had the sampler of small sandwiches, also great and very varied, we then shared a raspberry cheesecake and some ice cream.

We came back for cake and ice cream several times during our trip.

One of the most interesting flavors was the coconut and saffron, definitely interesting.

Cannot recommend this place enough.

Visited July 2014