“Yummy treats”

The Bakery No.88
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Dali
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Bakery88, founded by Karine Kaffrell, is a German style bakery and restaurant located in the old town of Dali in Yunnan, China. For 10 years we have been continuously striving to retain our quality and include local and organic ingredients in our baking and cooking whenever possible. Everyday we offer freshly baked breads, cakes, and homemade ice cream, containing no artificial chemicals or preservatives. We also offer a good variety of European food and drinks.
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I've have been to Dali 4 times and every time this place is a must-visit. Especially love the berry german cake they make, it's my favourite!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

88 Bakery is excellent, and not because it's in China where bakeries are generally rubbish. Excellent baked goods and sandwiches – get a lunch made to pack along to the pagodas or for a day of mountain climbing.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Found this place by surprise when we've had enough of spicy Yunnan food. From the owner, we were told that they just moved to its new place near the west gate. I ordered apple pie and lime honey tea, while my husband took a cup of Yunnan coffee. Apparently, my sweet apple pie pairs best with his dark coffee, perfectly bitter sweet! Their BLT sandwich is also good!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I live in Kunming, a larger city 4.5 hours away from Dali...and I dream about our trips to Dali to eat at The Bakery 88. Their breads are perfect, and desserts are spectacular. Really great breakfast options and other meals as well. Food is always made with care.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

This is a great place to get coffee and sandwiches. The bakery is styled on french cafe's and we tried the goat cheese sandwich and the salmon sandwich which were both worth it. When we went for dinner the service was a little slow (my partner's food came way before mine) and while the food was good, it almost made us late for our train.