“Best we found”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We were impressed by this place. Admittedly we are not experts, but we thought the Yunnan dishes we had were very good, they had a decent selection of beer, and the couple of western plates our kids had were also good. It is well placed right where it is all happening on Bo'ai Road close to the crossroads with Foreigners Street and attracted a well-heeled crowd. The proprietor spoke good English and went out of his way to help find us a table as was busy. Would get my highest recommendation of the Old Town's eateries.

There are newer reviews for Cafe de Jack

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We have eaten in several places in our four days in Dali and for dinner this was by far the best. Unlike recent previous reviewers we found that the service was good, the food piping hot and really very good. The children had pizza and spaghetti and we, four adults, ate from the Chinese menu. Furthermore the price was extremely reasonable. The ambience good and the seating very comfortable in spacious surroundings. Unless we were very fortunate, and I do not think this to be the case, I would have no hesitation in recommending Cafe de Jack.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Great location and decent atmosphere. Tried it three times, each time the food was disappointing - the pastry in the apple pie was almost inedible, the meat in the steak sandwich tasted strange and the Pizza base was burnt. The breakfast we had was reasonable.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I ordered a hamburger, and was disinclined to eat more than a bite as the patty didn't look right. I left the whole meal mostly untouched. I spent the next evening and day food poisoned due to that one bite of hamburger.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Spent a week in Dali and found myself going here almost every morning. Great coffee, friendly staff.