Remember that episode of the Twilight Zone in which a man wakes up in an "abandoned" neighborhood? - Everything in the houses is non-functional and it turns out that he's become a toy for a giant child? You'll remember. The minute you check in. This GIANT amusement park of a hotel is a vast, miniature city. The lobby is particularly impressive. Went to several of the 6 restaurants on the premises which were all good but a 10 minute walk from our room. The Geaser Restaurant was our favorite, serving fresh, flavorful local Tibetan fare. Several provinces of China and the West are also reflected in the hotel's dining compliment. Get up early for breakfast, as it's packed by 7 am. Best steamed eggs and 1,000 year eggs I've ever eaten. Didn't have wifi at first, until I called the front desk. A maintenance man came to the room and gave us a free adapter (nice guy!). The food is good in every restaurant, but go early and late to avoid crowds. Don't tamper with the facade. If you lean against the wall, it may cave in. Adjust the shade on the lamp and the trim falls off. Step out of the assumed area on the hallway rugs and risk falling into a thinly covered sinkhole. All of that aside, the grounds are fantastic. The environment outside, visible through the glass ceiling is beautiful. The food is wonderful. And I would, despite the "dummy" fixtures in the bathroom, return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Resort Jiuzhai Paradise is an intimate upcountry retreat nestled high in the mountains. The unique design is reminiscent of an ancient city protected under a glass atrium, marrying the exquisite interior with the bewitching natural beauty outside. With more than 1,100 rooms, the hotel is the largest in the region and perfect for leisure travellers seeking comfort and solitude. The province is home to a stunning array of calcified pools and the picturesque meadows of Ganhaizi (Dry Sea), just 20 kilometres (12.5 miles) away, are not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your InterContinental Resort Jiuzhai Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort Jiuzhai Paradise Hotel Jiuzhaigou County
- Intercontinental Jiuzhai Paradise
- Intercontinental Hotel Jiuzhaigou