I have to put up this question to intercontinental. I have not stayed here but have visited this facility and was planning to stay this November, in order to comment I have now a middle ground rating.
1. Are you not turning on the heater in the rooms during low season or you just do not have adequate heating? I have feedback from friends whom got severely sick after staying here due to the cold.
2. I did not see improvement in the unscrupolous haggling although these have been commented since years back.
3. Musty smell in a 5 star intercontinental reflects poor housekeeping
4.hot water inadequacy also commented. This is minimal requirement for any hotels
5. Canteen like breakfast area- simple interior partition helps and organization of more buffet tables in sections helps so there is no canteen like queue.
6.I have last year decided to go for sheraton for 5 night stay after reading about inadequacy of your hotel. I visited this hotel then and would love to stay here due to your beautiful facilities. However these same comments are giving me very negative reservation for the price of your hotel. Do not underestimate these comments as I'm getting the same stories here in my country
7. What is your policy on room deposit
- Free Wifi