Staff don't speak english and this is supposed to be a five star hotel. Ordering room service was difficult and ordering extra "French fries" and "vegetables" in their restaurant was impossible. Staff couldn't understand these words despite trying to mime and describe what we were talking about. They are "sides", they couldn't understand the meaning of side dishes. This is disgraceful for the intercontinental hotel.
Also the spa, although the hot springs are nice, the staff don't speak english again and by the hot springs they send and stare and giggle. So unprofessional.
If you want good service, stay elsewhere
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Resort Jiuzhai Paradise is an intimate upcountry retreat nestled high in the mountains. The unique design is reminiscent of an ancient city protected under a glass atrium, marrying the exquisite interior with the bewitching natural beauty outside. With more than 1,100 rooms, the hotel is the largest in the region and perfect for leisure travellers seeking comfort and solitude. The province is home to a stunning array of calcified pools and the picturesque meadows of Ganhaizi (Dry Sea), just 20 kilometres (12.5 miles) away, are not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your InterContinental Resort Jiuzhai Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort Jiuzhai Paradise Hotel Jiuzhaigou County
- Intercontinental Jiuzhai Paradise
- Intercontinental Hotel Jiuzhaigou