This hotel is only 3 stars relative to the western standard. It is a good walk to the park, however you can catch a taxi for 10 yuan if you don't want to walk.
Heating only turned on from 5 or 6 pm to midnight with only 1 setting. There are plenty of blankets if you are cold.
No WiFi or cable Internet in room. There is 1 computer in lobby which cost 10 yuan
Very limited English at the reception but it is every where in Jiuzhaigou area. Breakfast serve til 9am. However, food is either cold or runs out if you turn up after 8.30am and don't expect too much either because there won't be too many choices for western food.
We paid $160/night, booked through Ctrip ( it was the cheapest at the time). We stayed for 3 nights from 7 to 10 th October 2012.
Here are some tips for the Jiuzhaigou visit that will help if you are thinking of travelling here and can't speak Chinese.
1) You can do the trip yourself without paying for tour. Just book hotel and flights. The Jiuzhaigou national park is self do, you really don't need a tour guide.
2) Taxi from Jiuzhaigou Haulong airport is ~85 km away from the hotels near the park. It should cost around 200 to 250 yuan fixed price. Don't let the taxi driver charge you by the meter like what we did because it will cost around 400 yuan. Just negotiate before you hop on to the taxi.
3) since not many can speak English, you should get someone to write in Chinese sentences such as how much to hotel (should get the hotel name, address and phone number in Chinese as taxi driver can't read in English. We found that having the phone no. Of the hotel handy also helps everywhere in China because quite often taxi driver could not find hotel, they can ring up and ask.
4) Haunglong national park is worth a visit if you are in the area. We found that it is as pretty as Jiuzhaigou national park. 1 day should be good enough for Haunglong park. There is a bit of walking (~6.5 km all up if you take the cable car up and walk down), however it's doable as it's mostly down hill.
5) Jiuzhaigou national park is bigger, 1 day is also enough but if you want to spend more time and take it easy, 2 days is more than plenty. Jiuzhaigou park is easy to do as the buses take you all the way to the top and drop off every single point of interest on the way down. Each stop is around 1 to 4 km, If you can't walk far then just take the bus. Bus runs every 2 to 5 mins so don't worry if your health is not too good. The park is in the shape of a Y, the right hand side of the Y is where all the pretty spot.
6) Cost forJiuzhaigou park is 210 yuan + 90 Yuan for bus inside the park ( highly recommended). Jiuzhaigou park sells corns and instant noodle inside, you can eat there or bring our own food if you like.
7) Haunglong park sells very little food, BYO lunches is highly recommended.
8) Entrance fee to Huanglong park is ~ 200 yuan + 80 yuan for Cale car (highly recommended)
9) Haunlong park is 59 km from the airport or 135 km from Jiuzhaigou. Takes 2 1/2 hour from Jiuzhaigou or 45 min from airport.
10) last but not least, it cost 500 yuan fixed to Huanglong park return from Jiuzhaigou ( price should be negotiated and remember don't let them charge you by the meter because it will cost a lot more.
Best time to visit Jiuzhaigou is the first 2 weeks of October ( autumn ) because you will see all the pretty leaves change color.
We stayed 2 days in Jiuzhaigou, caught a taxi from Jiuzhaigou the last day to Huanglong park, leave our luggage in a taxi. The taxi driver waited at the park till 5pm, pick us up from the Huanglong park and drop us off at the airport for a 7.40 pm flights. All this cost us 500 yuan by taxi. If you want to do the same, make sure you have all of these translate into Chinese on a piece of paper and have it ready to show it to the taxi driver.
Good luck and enjoy your trp in China. If you want review on other part of China, please read my other reviews.