The colour of water in Jiuzhaigou is just amaizing. Excellent facilities for people who wish to walk.
How it works?
The park is in the shape of Y. If you have less time, just concentrate on the right side of Y. The park at the entrance is at lower altitude (bottom of Y), while the top tip of Y are at higher altitude. The bus takes you from entrance to the tip of Y.
You have two options -
1. Hop-on, hop-off the bus. The bus stops at all major tourist spots. Bus stops are well positioned. The busses stop only at the bus stations.
2. Walk-walk all the way. You can take the bus to the right tip of Y (Arrow Bamboo lake or Swan lake) and walk all the way down to the bottom of Y.
Some facts -
1. From the ticketing office till first 3-4 kms till Bonsai Shoals there is nothing much to see.
2. From Nuo Ri Lang Waterfall till Five Coloured Pool, there is nothing much to see. This I refer to as left side of Y. So you can concentrate on the right side of Y till Bonsai Shoals.
3. Make sure you carry sufficient water and food. Not many facility exists within the park. The one good place is near "Tourist Center" in the official map.
4. Nice wooden walkways are constructed. Use this. Walkling on the road is not welcome, but OK if it is unavoidable.
5. Make sure you keep the bus and park entry tickets till you exit.
6. I did not see any animals within the park. May be because it was Dec.