“Heaven on earth”

$988.00*
and up
3-Day Private Tour of Jiuzhaigou From Chengdu With Flight
More attraction details
Owner description: Jiuzhaigou Valley, eulogized as a world of magical fairytale, has for years enchanted tourists with its mountains and luxuriant forests, colorful lakes, gushing waterfalls and abundant wildlife. To its south is the Huanglong (Yellow Dragon Scenic Area). Jiuzhaigou Valley is located in Nanping County, 450 kilometers (about 280 miles) to the north of Chengdu City, Sichuan, covers a total area of 720 square kilometers and the valley is 50 kilometers in length. In 1992, UNESCO entered this scenic area onto the world natural heritage list.Jiuzhaigou, literally the Nine Village Valley, is hence known for the nine Tibetan villages within its boundary, Inhabited by Tibetans, the nine villages and alpine lakes, are like reflecting mirrors or crystal jade blocks inlaid in snow mountains and forests.
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Must see national park, amazing and well run. The ticket price includes the well worth buses...make sure to get ticket for insurance when paying for your admission fees.

1  Thank L0ve2Travel4Family

Reviewed April 18, 2013

It's a natural wonder!! The view...breathtaking and the water...sapphire crystal clear. The moment we saw those lakes,one word..speechless. Truly heaven on earth. The only problem for me was the crowd. But still, I would've regret not accepting my friends invitation to this trip. Worth going!!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Though we were there March 25 to 27 2013, and most bushes and trees were still barren due to the winter snow, the scenery was still quite beautiful. I would say, we should have gone in Autumn instead when the place must be much more beautiful. We chose March to hope to see some snow but it isn't worth it. There was hardly any snow at the valley in 3rd week of March except the higher areas to the airport.

However, our trip was spoilt totally by the strong exhaust fume from the big fleet of buses that go up and down the valley ferrying tourists. You get the smell in every destination, even down a few miles to Hotel Sheraton where we stayed! I won't risk my health to go again, no matter how beautiful it is! Strangely, there was no review on this in the whole Trip Advisor site! We now doubt its reliability.
In the park, there was a bus that was supposed to head down to the exit but chose to make a U-turn half way without any explanation. All passengers were told simply to get down at the souveniers shopping center. More than 90 percent of tourists are local Chinese. They spoke in screaming way to each other and there was no effective queue control when these people jumped over rails to get into buses! You may feel like being in a different civilisation!

1  Thank Gracelohlove
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Jiuzhaigou needs no advertisement. I was particularly impressed by the green buses which ply the routes very regularly. We started at 8.30am and managed to cover the entire park (hopping on and off the green buses a few times) by 6pm. It was still transiting from winter to spring so the waterfalls were not particularly spectacular. But the turquoise blue 'seas' more than made up for it I would rate this place a 'bucket list' venue, if only the tourists could be a little more civilized ...

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Although we did not get to see the full splendor of Jiuzhaigou (autumn)(we were there in march 13), my teenage daughter asked me, "Does heaven look like this place?"
I smiled and thought to myself "I believe this is a shadow of heaven!"
How grateful am I to be able to enjoy this heavenly place with two of my beloved.
We are going again in December for winter...

Delightful waterfalls, colorful lakes, snowcapped mountains, comfortable walkways, affordable fees (2 days rmb100+rmb160 (shuttle bus))

Go during offpeak to full experience tranquality.
Bus comfortable and safe journey 1 way . During the 8 hours, we passed through many tunnels, winding highways, immense snow capped mountains, bustling towns and modern villages, fields of cherry trees and many more.