Stayed here on 7/9-9/9/2013. The hotel is 1.5 hours drive from jiuzhai huanglong airport (the nearest airport to jiuzhaigou). The hotel is situated at 1950meters above sea level and in a valley. It's a nice 20mins slow stroll to the entrance of jiuzhaigou fairy land (UNESCO site).
At first look on arrival, the outlook of the hotel and it's lobby looks pretty run down with poor maintenance. However, the moment we stepped into our room, we were very satisfied with the overall! The bed was nice and firm enough. 3 different types of pillows (firm, medium and soft). Rooms were big enough for two, with all the 5 stars room amenities. Nice shower products as well. Smells nice too!
The room service: not cheap, and I had better food in other Sheratons.
The buffet breakfast: $181.30rmb each person incl tax. Not cheap for china standard, but worth it as it really helps boost your energy for a good day of walking at the fairy land. Fair amount of varieties range from western to Chinese porridge and noodles.
Service from staff: front desk staff were good (not the best), but order concierge service staff standing all around the hotel grounds looked like you have killed their family! If u know what I mean.. However, housekeeping staff never fail to greet when they see u. Bravo!
Wifi: only available free of charge to all at the lobby. Funny how they can block u from logging into Facebook there. Sensitive issue.
Over all, the only 5 stars international hotel in the area (other than intercontinental hotel which is really far far away), management should look into minor details in other for more international guests to visit.
I don't feel special as a spg member here at all, by the way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get the celebrity treatment with world-class service at Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort One of our bestsellers in Jiuzhaigou! The 5-star Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort is located only 1.5 km from Jiuzhaigou Valley National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site. It boasts 5 dining options, a variety of leisure facilities and rooms with natural spring water. The elegant rooms come with stylish modern interiors, soothing coloured tones and large bay windows that overlook the mountain. Each has a sofa seating area, flat-screen TV and private bathroom with a bathtub. Guests can indulge in a body massage at the spa, or relax in the hot spring bath. Taking a dip in the indoor pool or exercising at the gym are also good recreational choices. Mirror Lake and Colored Lake cafes serve a variety of international dishes, while Chinese specialities are offered at Pearl Court restaurant. Refreshing beverages can be enjoyed at Colorful Pool Disco and the Lobby Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Hotel Jiuzhaigou County
- Jiuzhaigou County Sheraton