Should not be "5 Star", but considering this is "small city" travel in China, this is a nice hotel.
The manager is excellent. "Scott Wang" speaks fluent English, and is very helpful and courteous.
The location is excellent. A 15minute walk or 10Yuan taxi to the park entrance. Clean rooms, and a very comfortable stay.
Most of the staff speak some level of English, and are helpful.
Room and hallway smells of cigarette smoke. No WiFi in rooms. Food is poor quality and over-priced.
AirCon/Heat control didn't work in our room. Heater blasted heat all night and the room got uncomfortably hot. Had to open windows.
Eat at "Star Cafe" around the corner. Turn right after walking out the front of the hotel, and take an immediate right down the alley next to the hotel grounds. The food is excellent, cheap, and clean. There's also grocery stores down this lane where you can buy snacks.. Prices in the park and hotel mini bar are outrageous.
*Other reviews that have to do with the PEOPLE in the hotel might be unfair. Chinese do not understand European/Western manners. Spitting in the ashtrays, snorting and picking their noses is normal for them. Yelling with doors open is what they do.."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort is closed to world-famous Jiuzhai Valley National Park, in our mountain view resort, enjoy our warm services and convenient facilities, we build the pure holiday relaxation environment here for your cozy and natural vocation stay experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Hotel Jiuzhaigou County
- Jiuzhaigou County Sheraton