Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort
Qian He International Hotel(Jiuzhaigou County)
Jiuxiang Hotel(Jiuzhaigou County)
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Jiuzhai Jarpo(Jiuzhaigou County)
  • Restaurant
New Jiu Zhai Hotel(Jiuzhaigou County)
Friendship Hostel(Jiuzhaigou County)
Angelie Hotel(Jiuzhaigou County)
  • Restaurant
All reviewspark entrancejiuzhaigou national parktaxi rideafter a long daystayed here for nightswell located hotellocal foodrestaurant staffbuffet breakfast and dinnerbuy ticketsyogurtwestern foodjiuzhai valleyspoke englishtaxischengdutibetan
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Was happy to be in sheraton during the chinese golden week as here it was quieter than the crowd in the city. The rooms are good. The only thing that could be better is the staff should speak english. Even though staff were helpful to meet our requests but had difficulties in communicating our requests.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Devdutt L
SheratonJZG, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Dear guest, thank you for your comment to us. Expecting to serve you again in resort!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My brother and I stayed 3 nights at the Jiuzhaigou Sherton from 9/30-10/02. Considering how rustic the area is despite 3 million + visitors per year... most of the places look like crap there... This is likely because 90%+ of the visitors to the area are still Chinese so the standards have not yet gone up. This hotel itself is VERY Chinese... the staff speaks barely any English at all, the food offerings are VERY Chinese... and there is basically nothing to do in the area except hike Jiuzhaigou valley which you can complete in one full day from 7am - 5pm easily.

For details...

BOOKING ENQUIRY
The hotel staff I spoke on the phone were excellent and extremely helpful in telling me about local transportation and how much time I would likely need and what costs, etc so I could plan our trip. But this could be I justgot lucky with one guy... Of course I had to speak to him in Chinese to get the information because the English ability of all staff at the hotel is VERY poor.

PRICE for VALUE
Horrible. 9100 RMB for 3 nights... That's $1,433 USD... = $478 per night. At that price it better be the best hotel ever... and it certainly was not.

ROOM
OK... a little old. I heard the hotel was built in the late 1990s... I doubt anytthing has been upgraded. No WiFi in the room... only in the lobby. There is a cable ethernet cord so they can charge you extra for internet use in the room. Again... for these prices this should be included. The room was small, not overly clean, but usable... It's what I would expect from a 3 star hotel.

FOOD
Very expensive and only 2 options... a Chinese restaurant with outrageous prices or a Chinese buffet with a few badly made Western options in it. Also expensive. The local area food outside which is about a 4km walk away are dirty hole in the wall places (which I am fine with) but the prices are higher than western food in Shanghai... so everything here in Jiuzhaigou is VERY hjighly priced to gouge tourists... even if you are fluent in Chinese.

SERVICE
Worst ever. No one speaks any English. Even in Chinese, they have no idea what they are doing. No matter what I asked for it was like pulling teeth... the simplest inquiries were met with confusion... ordering room service was a huge challenge... asking about hiking in Jiuzhaigou was almost impossible... and trying to get info about anything else to do in the area was a waste of time. The room had a book saying that Woolong Panda reserve was an option... but after an hour discussion, they said it was a 12 hour drive away... not exactly local... Then I did research on the web and found they have no pandas there anyway after the 2008 earthquake. The staff told me then that there is absolutely nothing to do in the area except hike Jiuzhaigou... but when we wasted a day walking around the town, at the end of our last day we saw a sign for the Golden Snub-nosed Monkey ecological reserve which is only 30 km away... so we could have done that... but no info on it from the hotel... The worst part of the service was that we asked the hotel to book a taxi for 5:30am the day we had to leave... they told us it was a 90 minute drive to the airport. They also told us to be in the lobby at 5:20am to check out and it would only take 5 minutes. We were at the lobby at 5:15am, with no one else there, it took 3 front desk staff 15 minutes to do a simple check out. At 5:30am, we went outside where the taxi driver yelled at us for being late. He said the hotel told him 5:20am and he was angry. We said we were sorry but we asked for 5:30am taxi and could we go to the airport now. He refused and drove off because he said we lied to him.... We ran back into the hotel to tell themm... they said they didn't know any other taxi drivers!!! They called a few... and said one would come in 8 minutes... But it took 30 miunutes to arrive and he had no gas. So he had to take us to another taxi driver... we didn't start out for the airport until 6:10... and our flight was at 8:20 am... with traffic we arrive at the airport at 7:55am... so the hotel telling us 90 minutes was bad anyway, plus they lied to the taxi driver, had no way to replace him, and did nothing to help us... we had to run through the airport and they literally closed the plane door as I walked in. A horrid experience all because the hotel has such poor service.

Additionally, when we were trying to go to sleep earlier the night before so we could wake up at 4:30am... the hotel kept calling our room over and over again despite me telling them not to. They called 3 times from 10pm to 11:30pm until we finally took the cord out of the phone. Horrid!

Overall... Jiuzhaigou is NOT worth the long trip, high prices you have to pay, and crowds of chinese you have to fight to see it. Yes, it is pretty - no doubt... so if you had to be in Chengdu for business and you had a weekend... maybe take a trip there and stay 1 night... OK... but really don't go out of your way... and I hope to God that Sheraton does some quality control and training for their horrid staff in Jiuzhaigou, as well as reduce the ridiculous prices they charge...

Room Tip: Dont stay here unless you want to waste your money
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear guest, thank you for your comment to us. For the problems you have mentioned in the review, I will deliver them to relevant department. Again, thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

At check-in, I was told there is no wifi in our room. It is the minimum standard for any international hotel - I think it is unacceptable of a great name like Sheraton. We reserved a deluxe, high floor, mountain view at 2090RMB per night, not inclusive of 15% tax. We got a mid-floor room, with our windows facing other room windows. The room looks aged. The shower was extremely disappointing - the temperature of the water fluctuates as you are taking the shower!!! - unacceptable. There was a note saying that they may be black out due to change of electricity grid. Why is it not reflected in the reservation website????? - unacceptable. Food was average. Not recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gooofygal

Dear guest, thank you for your comment. For the suggestions you have made, we will deliver to relevant department. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The only well, it's very near the entrance park, but the price for a taxi is is weak; I choose with view on the mountains and I see another building and I must twist my neck and bend forward up !for the restaurant, for exemple, don't eat the cheeses, stale and only good for the mouses.So to speak try another. Don't believe the photo with many chinese women waiting you

Room Tip: I don't know Think to see an another fabulous Site : Huanglong scenic
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
SheratonJZG, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear guest, thank you for your time and comments for our resort! We will continously improving our services. Expecting to see you again in Sheraton Jiuzhaigou!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is one of two 5-star hotels in Jiuzhaigou, so we decided to stay there. The rooms were well sized and well furnished but a little dusty. The safe is a little complicated to figure out, especially when they leave the instructions inside when it is locked! Location wise, it is close to dining options as well as the entrance to the Jiuzhaigou national park. Though not the usual high standards that you expect from Sheraton hotels (even the tour guide warned us of this), the staff were friendly throughout our stay, though there were a couple of occasions when housekeeping knocked on our door to turnover the room even when it had already been done earlier. The breakfast buffet was nothing much to write about, though they can prepare a travel box if you are leaving early to catch a flight. There is free wifi available in the lobby.

Room Tip: We were given a Club floor room, though there was not much differentiation from the normal room, from what we could see.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Orator11
SheratonJZG, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Dear guest, thank you for your time and comment! Expecting to see you in Jiuzhaigou Resort again!