We stayed two days at the West Annex of Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Level 5. The Hotel is located about a 5 minutes ride from the Jiuzhaigou (JZG) gate at an altitude of 1800 meters comprised of three blocks:
(i) Main Building with the restaurants, pool disco & swimming pool, massage, sauna & spa services, KTV and a business center with SPG gaming(!?) which you will need to get the network password from the staff and free Wifi at the Lobby (note: you can access tripadvisor via your TA account but not via facebook as fb is blocked in China). We were pleasantly surprised that the dinner buffet in the restaurant is not as bad as read on TA reviews. The food was not fabulous and the breakfast falls short of the Sheraton standard. but compared to the fare we tried in restaurants around and in the canteen inside JZG, it is definitely better and much cleaner;
(ii) the Grand Theatre where the Qiang & Tibetan Performance are held in the evenings. If you are staying in the vicinity for more than one day, this is one way to spend your evening as there aren't many options for night activities available around the area. Do book in advance as the seats fill up quickly with reservations from tour groups/guests staying in other hotels;
(iii) The West Annex where we stayed is a separate building. It has free Wifi at its lobby and houses a souvenir shop and guestrooms. Unconnected to the Main Building, it is a 2-3 minutes walk away. We liked the annex as it looks newer, cleaner, quieter and less confusing compared to the bustling Main Building. The downside of the annex is that it is far from the hotel facilities and crossing to the Main building to dine can be a hassle when it rains. Do take note of this when you request for rooms.
If you have too much time on your hands at night, do not want to partake on the hotel's facilities and want to experience more authentic local flavours, you can visit the row of brightly lit shophouses at the bustling adjacent hotels (exit Sheraton hotel gate and turn left towards JZG gate direction, after the gravel parking compound). There are provision shops, shops selling combs and scarfs, a mini mart and open air hawker stalls selling BBQ and such which are set up only in the evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get the celebrity treatment with world-class service at Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort One of our bestsellers in Jiuzhaigou! The 5-star Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort is located only 1.5 km from Jiuzhaigou Valley National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site. It boasts 5 dining options, a variety of leisure facilities and rooms with natural spring water. The elegant rooms come with stylish modern interiors, soothing coloured tones and large bay windows that overlook the mountain. Each has a sofa seating area, flat-screen TV and private bathroom with a bathtub. Guests can indulge in a body massage at the spa, or relax in the hot spring bath. Taking a dip in the indoor pool or exercising at the gym are also good recreational choices. Mirror Lake and Colored Lake cafes serve a variety of international dishes, while Chinese specialities are offered at Pearl Court restaurant. Refreshing beverages can be enjoyed at Colorful Pool Disco and the Lobby Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Jiuzhaigou Hotel Jiuzhaigou County
- Jiuzhaigou County Sheraton