“Charming Wooden hotel on hill top”
Review of Mu Wu Bing Guan

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jiuzhaigou County
Mu Wu Bing Guan
Ranked #44 of 208 Hotels in Jiuzhaigou County
Reviewed November 5, 2010

This hotel is owned by the Park Adminstartion and it is on the hill top.
It's chineses name is 九寨木屋宾馆, Tel No : +86-837-7736667

Walking down the hill to the main road will take 15 mins and walking to the Park entrance will be another 20-25 mins .

If not for my reservation mess up, I would had given them excellent rating.

On my arrival on 23.10 mid afternoon, we realised that there were no booking recored even though I had called them and confirmed a month ago. Tsk Tsk!

Luckily, the hotel executive , Ms Yen and another reception staff managed to convert a family suite with 2 extra beds and a single room for the 5 of us.

Ms Yen gave us a special of 600Y for the 2 rooms / day plus free breakfast.
I had no further complaint after that as I had the single room to myself.

The rooms had built in heater , so it was really comfy in the cold late autumn night.
There are no hair dryer but was told that we can get it from the reception.
Hot water only availalble from 6am to 8am and 8pm to 12pm.

I bath at 6.30am first morning, but there will no hot water at all.
Was told to run the shower for awhile before there are hot water.

The bathroom is always wet as there are no kerb demarcation to block the water flowing to the toilet and sink area. Do bring yr rubber slipper if you intend to stay here.

Otherwise, the room is every comfy with TV, Kettle provided .

What is disappointing is that there is NO INTERNET access in this hotel.
( Because of that, I was unable to locate Abuluzi tibetan restaurant, And to my dismay, no one in the hotel, massage parlour in town nor taxi or bus drivers ever heard of this restaurant. Perhaps it is only fame with tourists and not locals.)

Hotel will assist to call for taxi since NO taxis will like to drive up to the hotel mainly due to the poor damage rubble road access from main road to the hill top.
Proper road are only built in front of the hotel . Strange?
It will be a very bumpy ride up and down the hotel.

The other reason that the taxi drivers are not keen to come as it is damaging to their car shock absorber!

Wonder why the Park Admins are not repairing the damaged road ?

Taxi cost 5Y to go to the nearest town and 8Y to the Jiuzhaiguo Park entrance, by meter.
We usually pay them 10Y per trip as tips. One hotel guest was ripped off for 50Y for a single ride to the JZG park.

Ms Yen, the executive is very helpful. She had arranged for a free trip for us to the second town for a Tibetan foot massage at 140Y per hr and also a Tibetan show for 150Y.

I had seen the Lijiang Impression show so this Tibetan show may not impress me so much.

Most rooms offer nice view of the mountain range, and it is so refreshing walking out in
the morning .

There is a restaurant in the hotel for all our dinner, and price is very reasonable.

Overall , this is a serene & clean 2 star rating hotel on top of a hill with a four star hotel feel .

It is recommended to stay here if guest doesn't mind the little inconvenient that I had pointed out.

The hotel only accept phone booking for now, do ask for Ms Yen, she seem more responsible.

There is a chinese site that takes their booking but it charges 480Y for their std room.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family