“Wow! What a family friendly find!”

Spring Valley Beach
Alabama
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Wow! What a family friendly find!”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Came for a birthday party, will be back for sure. Love that you can come, bring your own food, pitch a tent, and have a Great time.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank kjdc1980

Joppa, Alabama
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Kids love it!!”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We got a season pass last year and went once or twice a week, we always had a lot of fun. I heard that they added more slides this year!!

2 Thank jensol
Hunstsville, AL
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 164 helpful votes
“Laid back and family friendly waterpark fun in awesome natural setting”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Last year I wrote a negative review of Mallard Point, a waterpark in Decatur, Alabama. This Father's Day I took my wife and grown son and young daughter to Spring Valley Beach in rural Blountsville, Alabama. I am glad we went. The park is about an hour south of Huntsville and an hour north of Birmingham and an hour west of Gadsden. A leisurely drive on scenic US Hwy 31 south from Huntsville and we arrived at Spring Valley Beach. Tucked in a lush landscape on the east side of a gorgeous mountain, the entrance is a flower garden of welcoming color. We parked in the free parking, a sunny gravel lot. There is paid parking up in the trees on the west side, nestled in the shade. The front gate ticket seller was chipper and friendly and informative. We paid $23 per adult. The fee is $23 for anyone over 48 inches in height. Anyone 3 years old and up to 48 inches is $17 and toddlers under 2 years old are free. Our daughter was right up to the 48 inch mark, but barely, so we expected to pay full price. The ticket seller sold us her ticket at the $17 rate, which was nice. Many attractions look for ways to grab your wallet. Spring Valley Beach does not.
We walked through the gate, crossed a pond filled with fish and a cute turtle and a belching bull frog and entered the water park. A large swimming pool with lots of slides for kids who can't swim sits at the front. The pool is huge, at least an acre, and the deeper area has slides for us bigger kids. There are picnic tables and gazebos around the pool. The grounds were immaculate.
To the west side of the park are several water slides, including a fast, whitewater course which requires helmets to keep the kiddies safe. There are some extreme slides that are quite the adrenalin rushes and some easier slides for kids and adults to ride who don't wish to stop their hearts.
There is a concession stand but they were running low on food when we got there.
And here is the best thing about Spring Valley Beach - unlike Mallard Point, you can bring in your own food and drinks, pitch a canvas awning or tent, grill your own food, and simply picnic out. That is a huge issue for us, as so many attractions charge too much for crappy food.
Spring Valley Beach wants you to come and spend the day, picnic out on your own food and enjoy your family time.
The park is clean, fun and relaxing. Unlike noisy Mallard Point, which is crowded and noisy and you have to buy or rent everything including floats, Spring Valley Beach provides the floats for free and does it with a smile.
The park is alcohol free, so don't bring beer or booze, but the lazy, fun family atmosphere is worth it. Sheer fun, happy frolicking kids, and abundant shade so you don't sunburn.
I'm going back soon, and taking my lawn chairs, my awning and my grill and spending the day.

Visited June 2012
8 Thank thecowboylawyer
Cleveland, Alabama, United States
“AWESOME!(:”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

This place is the best. I wish I could go there every day!

Visited May 2012
Trussville, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Great place to spend a hot summer day with family and friends.

1 Thank marcythriftsettle