All reviews free bottled water railway station great hotel yalu river square tesco kfc fridge bed floor bridge
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

This is a great hotel - it is located about 10-Minnesota yes walk from the train station, and about 5 minutes from Koryo Street and a bit further to the waterfront. The lobby and public spaces are clean and modern, and my room had a spectacular view of the Yalu River and North Korea. The bed was comfy and clean - the towels were new and fluffy Togo with the copious hot water that was available at all times. There is a restaurant on the 9th floor that I did not try. There is a KFC and Tesco across the street to get sundries and whatnot.

My only complaint was that the room was a bit hot. I never turned the heater on but the room was a bit warm. It was 5-degrees and snowing outside so I opened the small outside window to vent, and it was fine.

Great place for my 1-night adventure!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 14, 2017

The Life's Business Hotel is a 10 minute walk from Dandong Railway Station and about the same to the Broken Bridge making it very conveniently situated. The lobby of the hotel was bright and nicely decorated with free tea available.Check in was quite straightforward and it didn't take long before I was given my key card for the Theme Room I had booked.

The Theme Room was on the 17th Floor, it was spacious and nicely decorated with a side view of the Yalu River. The bed was extremely comfortable, the wall mounted TV had a good range of domestic and international channels. In the room was a kettle, fridge as well as little extras such as slippers and complimentary bottles of water.

The bathroom was of reasonable size with a fairly powerful shower, there was also a small selection of complimentary toliletries. This is a very good hotel and represents tremendous value for money as well as being conveniently located and for those reasons I would stay at the hotel if I was visiting the area again.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 29, 2017

Life's Hotel
Traveled with my husband and 4 young children (aged 10 and under) over Chinese New Year
This is a budget hotel with comfortable beds

Pros
Comfortable beds with soft mattresses (rare in China)
Affordable
160¥ per room per night which is about $25
Cheap cafe (less than $10 for all of our family to eat the breakfast buffet)
Friendly staff
10th floor is non-smoking
View of river and lighted bridge
Free bottled water, slippers, tooth brushes, shampoo, etc in room
Fridge in room
Fast WiFi (easy streaming if you have a vpn)
Chance to master your charades skills and use the bing translate app

Cons
Staff speak minimal (but some) English
They initially put us in an inferior room without the things we had requested (on a smoking floor).
Some rooms are in need of updating and dirty.
No children's tv channel.
"Breakfast" buffet does not have many breakfast foods familiar to western children. There were dumplings, tea eggs, stir fry, fried rice, and other Chinese foods. My children made toast with jam and ate oranges from the buffet in addition to sampling the other things.

Room tip: 10th floor is non smoking. Ask for a better room if necessary. Don't settle for the first room they give if you don't like it.
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2014

I stayed in hostel Arevik for 3 nights and It was very good there! The owner was very hospitable and wecoming! We cook "shashlik" togheter and spend nice time. I recomand to everyone when you are in Stepaneker to stay over night in Arevik hostel!

Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The price of this room is amazing. We paid only 131RMB per night for a large room with a king size bed!!! Possibly, the best value hotel in all of China.

We stayed for 2 nights and booked through eLong.com. Check in was smooth even though staff did not speak English. The deposit per night was a little more than most other hotels at 300RMB per night (total 600RMB with balance refunded at check out) so be prepared for that when you check in.

The location is excellent. A very easy walk to the riverside. We also walked from the bus station (which is opposite the train station) and we have a 2 year old. Only took about 15 minutes. From the bus station walk down 7 latitude road until you hit 6 wei lu. Turn right onto it and follow about 4 blocks. Hotel is on right hand side. Building is quite tall and a large town square is out the front. You can't miss it. It has HOTEL in big letters on it.

The room itself was much larger than we expected. The bed was really comfortable. We had no window but this made for better sleep as there was no light or noise creeping in. The shower was nice and hot too. There is a mini bar too with drinks and extra toiletries you may need (standard toothbrush & toothpaste / bodywash /shampoo provided free of charge).

Overall, this is a really great hotel and I am surprised it is so cheap for what you get!

I have no hesitation in recommending to anyone heading to Dandong!

Date of stay: June 2013