“Worth the wait” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amore Ristorante Italiano

Amore Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #9 of 936 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Amoré is a fine dining establishment, with an ambient candlelit atmosphere, serving authentic Italian food.
Birmingham, Alabama
“Worth the wait”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2010

Our first visit and it did not start off on a positive note. We had to wait 30 minutes for our reservation, but the wait was worth it. Complimentary glass of wine while we waited was very gracious, combined with a complimentary bottle of wine because of our wait. Food was excellent, mussels in tomate sauce was as good as we have ever had. Sole in light lemon sauce on angel hair pasta was perfect. Even with the problems, one of the best meals we have had in years.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

mrsfilly
“wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2009

My husband took me to Amore for our 2nd anniversary and it was absolutely the most wonderful experience! It's small and the music is wonderful! The food is wonderful! The service is wonderful! It was just the best experience and I would definitely recommend the crabcakes!

Birmingham, Alabama
“Authentic Italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2009

My husband and I love authentic Italian food...we argue over the best we've ever had; I say it was in Venice and he says it was in Rome. However, right in our back door is some of the best Italian cuisine we've tasted...at least in the US. Amore is wonderfully delicious and the service and atmosphere is outstanding. Being a TINY restaurant, you must make reservations. We highly recommend Amore to locals and travellers alike!

1 Thank bamaames
Birmingham, Ala.
“Alabama's only fine Italian Restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2008

My wife and I travel quite a bit. We love the authentic Italian sauces and foods you can find in the Italian restaurants in New York and Chicago. Now, Alabama has a great restaurant with wonderful sauces and flavors. It is called Amore.
The sauces are authentic Italian that seem like they have been cooked by an Italian grandmother. I especially like the Eggplant Parmesion. My wife likes the various seafood pastas. Service is wonderful.
This restuaurant is tiny with only 8 or so tables. So, you have to call in advance for a reservation. It is worth the wait to get in.

2 Thank Twofertheroad