“Outstanding!”

Ranked #8 of 968 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Amoré is a fine dining establishment, with an ambient candlelit atmosphere, serving authentic Italian food.
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stopped in here recently for a business dinner based on a recommendation from a friend. What a nice surprise! It is indeed small and on the dark side (lighting), but the food and service was truly outstanding. I live nearby and will definitely be making this a regular stop when I want a nice Italian meal.

1  Thank Team10

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I ate at Amore on 7/17/13. I was in Birmingham for the week for business. Was feeling lonely and sad when I decided to leave the hotel for dinner. Picked Amore because of an ad in the hotel guestbook. What a find! The hostess is wonderful-kind and accommodating. The restaurant is very small and intimate. Dark and romantic. I had the chicken piccata and was really happy with it. Just wonderful. The house salad is cold and crisp with a yummy dressing. And the garlic rolls are to die for. Heaven. If I lived in Birmingham, I would be a regular. My highest rating for this gem.

1  Thank DBfromKC
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We joined friends at this lovely little Italian restaurant in a small shopping mall near Inverness. Seats about 30 diners, so reservations are a must.
Reasonable prices and a good pour for wines. My wife ordered the Penne Chicken Vodka, which was delicious. I ordered the Amore Veal, as did two other diners in our party. I noticed that my dinner had a peculiar "off" taste, as if the veal had been freezer burned. Didn't say anything at the time, thinking that perhaps it was just my taste buds. After dinner, the others having the veal also commented that their dinner just didn't taste very good. Oh well, maybe we just came on a bad day.
We will perhaps try it again someday.

2  Thank Hoosierdaddy0402
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have been to Italy and the food here is better than in some places there. If you want authentic Italian food, come to Amore.

I am hesitant to write this review, because I dont want the place to get too busy, cause its small already and I have trouble getting a table.

But, I will.

The owner is awesome, a real nice guy.

The meatballs, picatta, caprese, bread and seafood pasta are the best things I have had on the menu.

Take out is awesome, they really load you up when you take out. Unlike most places today.

The atmosphere is very intimate and romantic. Great date night or family in town place.

MAKE A RESERVATION. If you walk in, they may turn you away!

Oh yeah- 2 adults with wine, apps and dessert, maybe 100 bucks.

1  Thank D P
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My wife and I have eaten here five or six times over the years and have never had a bad meal or less that great service. This time was no exception; the food was well prepared, delivered exactly on time, and overall superb. The service was exemplary. This was our 32nd anniversary dinner and the ambience, wine, food and service could not have been any better. And to end the evening, we were presented with a tiramisu dessert with a candle. A great evening at a restaurant that continues to deliver the best!

1  Thank CaptainRonn