“Our favorite quiet spot in Birmingham”

Amore Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #7 of 977 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Amoré is a fine dining establishment, with an ambient candlelit atmosphere, serving authentic Italian food.
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We eat at Amore 2-3 times a month. The food is outstanding, the atmosphere is quiet (which we prefer), and the value is good for the quality provided. I give it highest marks, but wish it wasn't so far outside the perimeter.

1  Thank MRRBirmingham_AL

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We visited Amore on a Friday night with a 6:00pm reservation. We called to let them know we were running a little late due to traffic and they said no problem, we have your table waiting for you. Fantastic!
When we arrived to the strip shopping/office center all the thoughts of "how good could this be" ran through my mind... until I entered through the door. The owners have done everything imagineable to transform one to probably the most romantic restaurant I've ever been to. We were greated and shown to our table for two. I was so excited about this experience!

We quickly began to peruse the menu to see what caught our eye. The server, I cannot remmeber her name but she was so bright and delightful and accommodating, took our drink orders while we were still deciding she also suggested the crab cakes for appetizers. We ordered one plate but comes with two small cakes. They also brought out delicious buttery (real butter) garlic bread wrapped up so it stayed pretty warm throughout the meal. Our drinks arrived shortly (we could hear them shaking the martinis in the back) and they were perfect.

I ordered the chicken gorgonzola served over penne and hubby ordered sausage carbonara over linguine. The server grated fresh cheese on top of both and fresh cracked pepper and away we went! The sauces were not too heavy but very flavorful. Of course we couldn't eat all our plate but we wanted to. Alonzo came to check on us and what we thought of our dishes. We chatted about food and cooking and how we enjoyed the flavor and texture of the sauces. He was passionate about food and so are we!

I do not know how they could improve on this terrific little place. Yes, it is little but really it's cozy and where can you go where there's attention to atmosphere without music blaring to take away from it? This is certainly our new special place. With 3 top shelf martinis, appetizer and two entrees and tip, our bill was $100. As has been said before, the service is impeccable and the food ranks right up there as well. Go, keep these terrific chef owned restaurants successful. These guys have a real passion for food... Amore, love on a plate.

1  Thank maximac222
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Amore is a wonderful little restaurant tucked into one of the shopping plazas on 280 (in Greystone). But once you walk in, you are wonderfully transported to another place.....like other reviewers have said, the service is marvelous and the food (oh the food!) is out of this world. The most recent dish that I tried was Shrimp Amore (Gulf Shrimp with Gorgonzola Cream Sauce and Rigitoni) and it was absolutely one of the top meals I have had in a restaurant. The occasion was a birthday celebration for me, so they brought me a beautiful Creme Brulee with candles.(Don't worry, you won't find staff ambushing to sing at the table at a place like this). It was perfect.
The only recommendation that I would have is that you may want to at least review the menu online-it's not updated but it will give you a good idea of what they offer. The mood lighting in Amore can make it a little....dark......and for those of us who have trouble reading with lower light, it can make it a little bit challenging. But this place is WONDERFUL and you owe it to yourself to check it out. The portions are generous and I think overheard the server say they do split portions for $5 and add a salad.
As others have said, don't forget to make a reservation. It is small.

3  Thank AllieRK
Reviewed January 16, 2013

One of my favorites. The food is wonderful. It's difficult to stand out with crab cakes but Amore does. The cream sauce with the cakes changes with the availability of fresh fruit. Last week it included blueberries. We always have the meatball appetizer. Fortunately the leftovers travel well. As with the crab cakes the sauce served with the meatballs is exquisite. I always look forward to cleaning up the tomato sauce with toasted garlic bread. Terrible manners, I know, but it's worth the chastising I invariably receive. The entrees are varied and well prepared. On this visit my wife opted for veal saltimbocca. The veal was cooked to perfection - done but no sign of pastiness. I had a pork chop. The 14 ounce chop was topped with prosciutto and mozzarella and served with risotto. Delicious. As were the leftovers the next day. Although we went with veal and pork on this visit, I really enjoy the seafood entrees also. Grouper and shrimp are served a number of ways, all prepared very well. We split a very tasty Tiramisu for dessert. The place is small, so reservations are strongly recommended.

2  Thank PJ W
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The stuffed grouper was excellent and the service was impeccable, but wait, there's more. The desserts are large, definitely enough for sharing, and my favorite dessert, Creme Brulee, was the best I have ever tasted!

2  Thank KarenBirmingham_AL