“Great food, kinda pricy, informal atmosphere”
Review of Bettola

Bettola
Reserve with OpenTable
Bettola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #96 of 1,017 Restaurants in Birmingham
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2017

Went with two others, started with antipasto platter. Very tasty, a bit skimpy for three people, I would recommend for two people. I had a hanger steak, crunchy exterior, medium rare exterior (as I had ordered it). Excellent. Ended with a pot de creme, also excellent. Beer was mostly local excellent beers, and actually reasonably priced! Service was very good.

Reviewed November 27, 2017 via mobile

Had the Italian roasted veggie sandwich with fresh mozzarella on the fresh baked crusty bread. It was absolutely delicious!!

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

Great food and great service! Sat outside which is a wonderful option. Ordered calamari- it's not fried but cooked in a tomato sauce. Very tasty. Gulf fish was a wood grilled redfish served over a variety of chopped veggies. Delicious. Service was attentive without being overbearing or disruptive to our date night.
Hope to be back soon!

Reviewed September 22, 2017

I met a friend for lunch there this week, she had been before, but this was my first visit. I thoroughly enjoyed it!! Right in the heart of 'Pepper Place', very nice décor, great service and the food was wonderful! I had a scrumptious sandwich - pollo pomodora - with what must have been 'made on site' bread! Along with a salad. No rush, we were able to sit and visit, very enjoyable. Look forward to returning and trying the pizza!!

Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

We were in town escaping the hurricane. I must say Bettola was a nice "light out of the storm", as it was a cold, wet, rainy night and we were stressed due to waiting to leave town to return home! Service was AWESOME! We shared a Calamari app which was in a spicy marinara type sauce...yummy and so nice to have unbreaded Calamari! We shared the house special pizza, which was a white style with kale, sausage, a fresh egg...it was truly the finest and most gourmet pizza ever. It was not a night for large entrees for us (We had been rained on all day and we were just in a pizza mood), but seeing some entree dishes served nearby, I would definitely return to further explore the menu. Wine: super overpriced and super short-poured. Hate that. Overall, I would say this is a sweet find, esp on a cold, rainy night! Thx for the 10% FL evacuee's discount! Dine here with confidence for a great culinary experience and a moderate price (except wine).