“great food, bad service”
Review of Bettola

Bettola
Reserve with OpenTable
Bettola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #102 of 954 Restaurants in Birmingham
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Birmingham, Alabama
“great food, bad service”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

great food, but the service stinks! seriously, what is the problem here? sadly it keeps me from going back

1 Thank Elizabeth S

Birmingham, AL
“Very nice suprise”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We always bring our out of town guests to Bettola. We treat it like a tapas bar and share the dishes. The food is always very good and the room is very casual and comfortable

Visited August 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
“A jem in Bham”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is one of our favorite places to eat in Birmingham. You have to try the Pancetta, Onion and red pepper pizza. It's THE BEST! I've had several things here, and they have never dissapointed. French press coffee after dinner is delish. The caprese salad is amazing too. it's a small place so you may have to wait a little while if it's during dinner time, but worth the wait.

Visited May 2012
Birmingham, Al USA
“Best pasta since my trip to Italy”
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

We went Friday night, it was moderately busy and we sat inside. The service was good but not speedy although I'm not sure you would expect that at a place like this. I had the gnocchi. I must say it was better than any I got on a recent trip to Italy. My husband got the fish dish and enjoyed it very much. My doughter got pizza. I do NOT recommend the pizza! It was soggy in the middle. Either they cannot keep the oven hot enough or they are trying to but too much sauce on. If you want gourmet pizza go to Slice. The desserts were great too. I had the fig tart and my husband had the tiramisu. The food is excellent but I agree with some of the other reviewers that overall it is a bit pricey for what you get. There are so many good options in Birmingham, we would go more often if it was more competitively priced.

Birmingham Al
“Disappointing Food and Service”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We visited Bettola this week and were severely disappointed. The service was below the standard we have come to expect from a restaurant with such a high profile. The server did not offer bread, as is customary. When we asked for bread, she brought a basket with six pieces of bread for our table of 7 guests. She did not bring bread plates. The food was not up to their usual quality. Three of us ordered pizza, three ordered pasta, and one ordered crostini. The pizza crust was soggy in the middle. Two of the guests asked for red sauce for the Filetto pizza. The server brought a small dish of red sauce, but did not tell the guest that there was an additional charge for the red sauce. The pasta dishes were well prepared but the portions were very small.
Unfortunately, this was the first visit for 5 of the guests. They all started that they would not be coming back.

• Visited August 2012

Been to Bettola? Share your experiences!