“Road Trip Stop Over”

Courtyard Birmingham Trussville
Ranked #27 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We chose this hotel due to it's location at the half way point of our road trip. We had a wonderful evening there. The staff at this hotel was wonderful especially Regan. She was very helpful. The hotel was clean and comfortable. We were so pleased that some of our party decided to stop there on our way back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Deanna G, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Trussville, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Karen from Slidell, Louisiana!
Thank you very much for letting other travelers know about your experience at our hotel! The entire staff and I are thrilled to be a part of your family's great vacation.
I appreciate you mentioning Ragan by name, I know she will be very happy to be recognized for her efforts. It is very important for other travelers making lodging decisions to know about our consistent cleanliness and superior staff service that you experienced on both of your short visits. Please keep us in mind again if you need a night's sleep on the way to or on the way back from your destination.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Birmingham Trussville

Reviewed February 25, 2014

My husband and I were not able to keep a reservation that we had previously due to weather conditions..I called the hotel to change our reservations and I spoke with a young lady by the name of Deanna Gamble..I explained to her that we were under a state of emergency due to the snow and my husband and I were unable to travel and would like to change the date of our reservation...not sure if they would honor it since we made our reservations through priceline...she was very helpful and immediately showed care and concern about our current situation..I was on that phone with her about 5 minutes and she assured me that things had been taken care of..We arrived that next weekend as scheduled and was greeted by a young lady of that front desk and I forgot her name but she had the sweetest smile and she took great care of us...We asked to meet Deanna and we did and she was just as pleasant in person than over the phone..The location is great..the amenities were great! Our room was nice and very clean...I would recommend this facility to anyone who will be traveling through the Birmingham area...

Room Tip: The first floor was very quiet...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Deanna G, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Trussville, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Felecia,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell the whole world about your experience here! I know you were very concerned about your reservation change and I was happy that I was able to accommodate you. I'm glad I was here when you checked in to meet you face to face. I also really appreciate and am humbled that you mentioned me by name. It's very important for other travelers to know the level of commitment to guest satisfaction that the General Manager of a hotel they are considering has. Everyone here is especially honored that we are now your exclusive hotel of choice when in the Birmingham area!
Yours In Service,

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Got snowed in due to flights cancelled along east coast. Was planning to stay one night and ended up there a second night. Staff was understanding in extending the room. Called to ensure everything was okay. Located close to shopping and plenty of eating places. 8 miles from airport and close proximity to interstate. Would recommend and will stay on return trips to Birmingham.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Deanna G, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Trussville, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Ken,

We really appreciate you taking the time to let other travelers know about your experience! With so many other options in Trussville, I'm glad that because of our service you chose to stay with us an additional night while you were waiting for a flight out. I know other travelers will find it very helpful to know how conveniently located we are to restaurants, shopping, the interstate and the airport. We certainly look forward to being your home away from home in Birmingham again!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Last week we were in the Courtyard in Trussville al. when the Gridlock occured. I wanted to let folks know that southern hospitality is live an well in the courtyard the manager Deana and her staff went beyond the call of duty to keep all fed and warm. The staff was caring and attentive. I would love to send anyone to this hotel
D

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Deanna G, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Trussville, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Trapped in Trussville,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a comment about your experience here! Now "the world" knows where they can stay in Trussville to experience true Southern Hospitality even in the most unusual of circumstances. I am so excited to share your comments with my staff!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Absolutely love this hotel. It is clean, breakfast is good, wireless is good, staff is AWESOME!!! :) I love how they remember me from my previous stay with them. If you are in the area and need a place to stay I HIGHLY recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Deanna G, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Trussville, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Bethany,

Thank you for writing such an AWESOME review about your experiences here! We appreciate you mentioning how much you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the wireless internet (we recently upgraded our service!). We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I was truly impressed by the hotels GM and staff during the recent winter weather event in Birmingham. The GM was staying at the hotel during the entire 3 day experience along with a few of the staff that I presumed got snowed in. Truly amazing how nice they were .. I spoke with several people in the lobby that was waiting to see if the hotel had rooms and they said the GM was calling everyone who had reservations to verify if they were coming. She then gave any free rooms to those in the lobby. You just don't see that now a days. Evidently the cook could not make it in and GM was forced into providing breakfast for us all ... she did so with a smile on her face! I think this was a great example of the GM and her staff doing the best they could with what they had. I wish I could see this more often in the hospitality world! Well done ...

Room Tip: hotel on top of hill, behind Target
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Deanna G, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Trussville, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Todd S from GA,

Thank you SO VERY MUCH for taking the time to share your experience with others! It is truly heartfelt to read that you and apparently others that were in the lobby that evening recognize and appreciate the efforts we were trying to make to during the storm. I am very proud of my staff and agree with you that they are "amazing"! We look forward to having you back in the future.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed here during our recent snow storm on January 28, 2014. Deanna Gamble was very rude. I talked to her a few times and she was short with me each time. The other young lady that was helping at the front desk was very pleasant (can't remember her name...South African sound...loved talking to her). Granted everyone was tired and most, if not all, the staff were stranded at the hotel. People in the room next to me were very loud! Someone stated in a review that the hotel fed us a continental breakfast, and they did...at a charge of $7.95 per person. Outrageous for cereal, waffle and cold stuff. Thankfully, I had a couple of granola bars that me and my kids could eat for breakfast. This hotel manager did nothing to go out of her way to help anyone. We were all stuck there with no food, clothes, blankets, etc. and she did nothing to make our stay more pleasant. She did manage to get most everyone in a room, but that was it. There were some very nice men there offering to go to the Target down the hill in their 4wd trucks and pick us up something to eat. This storm brought out the good in most people. Unfortunately, one person was just bothered by the whole situation. Deanna should go into another business, one where she doesn't have to deal with people!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Good4Bama,

I apologize if when we spoke directly I was not able to speak with you at length. I can assure you that I was not bothered by you or trying to be rude, there were so many things going on at the hotel during this natural disaster that required my attention. I am glad I was able to get your family into a room because many others were not able to have a room to sleep in that night. Along with myself, a couple of members of my staff were not able to drive out in the hazardous conditions and were stranded here. There were no kitchen associates that were able to get here safely. The continental breakfast we served was the same continental breakfast menu we offer under normal circumstances. I appreciate your honest feedback about your impression so that I may have the opportunity to respond to your feelings. I will use your comments and the whole situation as an opportunity to better myself and our services should we be faced with similar circumstances in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham/Trussville
Quality Inn Trussville
Quality Inn Trussville
#2 of 3 in Trussville
Hampton Inn Birmingham / Leeds, AL

Been to Courtyard Birmingham Trussville? Share your experiences!