Courtyard Birmingham Trussville
  • Breakfast included
$122
$109
Hampton.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Hoover(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$79
$204
Westin.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$89
$105
$139
  • Pool
All reviewssweet hotelbig bathroomcourtyard marriottmarriott rewardsstaff was friendlyroad noisefront desk staffcomplimentary breakfastnext morningrooms are cleanconvenient locationbusiness triplobbybistrogmpulloutrates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed here during our recent snow storm on January 28, 2014. Deanna Gamble was very rude. I talked to her a few times and she was short with me each time. The other young lady that was helping at the front desk was very pleasant (can't remember her name...South African sound...loved talking to her). Granted everyone was tired and most, if not all, the staff were stranded at the hotel. People in the room next to me were very loud! Someone stated in a review that the hotel fed us a continental breakfast, and they did...at a charge of $7.95 per person. Outrageous for cereal, waffle and cold stuff. Thankfully, I had a couple of granola bars that me and my kids could eat for breakfast. This hotel manager did nothing to go out of her way to help anyone. We were all stuck there with no food, clothes, blankets, etc. and she did nothing to make our stay more pleasant. She did manage to get most everyone in a room, but that was it. There were some very nice men there offering to go to the Target down the hill in their 4wd trucks and pick us up something to eat. This storm brought out the good in most people. Unfortunately, one person was just bothered by the whole situation. Deanna should go into another business, one where she doesn't have to deal with people!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Deanna G, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Trussville, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Good4Bama,

I apologize if when we spoke directly I was not able to speak with you at length. I can assure you that I was not bothered by you or trying to be rude, there were so many things going on at the hotel during this natural disaster that required my attention. I am glad I was able to get your family into a room because many others were not able to have a room to sleep in that night. Along with myself, a couple of members of my staff were not able to drive out in the hazardous conditions and were stranded here. There were no kitchen associates that were able to get here safely. The continental breakfast we served was the same continental breakfast menu we offer under normal circumstances. I appreciate your honest feedback about your impression so that I may have the opportunity to respond to your feelings. I will use your comments and the whole situation as an opportunity to better myself and our services should we be faced with similar circumstances in the future.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

During the sudden and unexpected snow storm that hit the Birmingham area this week, I was stranded in Trussville. I tried for 3 hours to exit the city to get to my home 30 miles north but, due to the snow and ice, all roads were impassable. This hotel agreed to let me and many other stranded travelers take refuge in their lobby. Eventually, they even went out of their way to get me a room for the night. They were very helpful, friendly, and caring during a desperate time for me. Not only was the staff wonderful but the room was nice as well. The staff was stranded there just as I was yet the next morning they did all they could for us by providing us with continental breakfast and a warm good morning as well. I recommend this hotel and if I am ever in need of a place to stay in Trussville I will visit again.

Nancy E.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Deanna G, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Trussville, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Nancy,

Thank you for telling the world about your experience with our hotel! Although I regret the circumstances for which we met, I am grateful we had the opportunity to have you as our guest.
We look forward to having you back (intentionally :) ) in the future.

Yours in Service,

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed at the hotel the night before and the night after the fall Talladega NASCAR race. It was a short drive to and from the track. The room was comfortable and this is one of the few hotels I've stayed in where the bed faced the window, a pleasant difference. The shower products were Paul Mitchell and the shower head delivered large volumes of water - very nice. There are several restaurants close to the hotel, though walking is not an option as there is no sidewalk. The front desk staff were efficient and friendly as were the staff in the breakfast room.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Deanna G, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Trussville, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear NASCAR Fan,
Thank you for being our guest for the big Talladega race weekend! Now that you know how convenient we are to the track I hope we will have you back for the spring races. Sounds like your room had the perfect "Zen"! Your detailed comments about the shower and bath products in addition to the bed placement made me want to run upstairs to a room and relax :)
I will be sure to share your appreciation to the desk and restaurant team-they will be so glad to know how they impacted your stay. Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your stay!
Yours in Service,

Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was the central hotel for out of town wedding guests. Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much. These huge wedding parties are often stressful on the service people, and this hotel kept up with us well.

The pool was nice and well kept. The breakfast wait staff was patient and tried their best to keep up with our numerous individual requests.

The rooms were lovely, and clean. The hallways were perfect. Overall, we could find nothing lacking with this hotel ... which made us all very happy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Deanna G, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Trussville, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Karenin,
I am so glad to hear that you had such a great experience and felt it was worth taking the time to post a comment and let everyone know about it! I especially like your comment about "nothing lacking". We cherish being able to be a part of a family's special memory and are eager to do whatever we can do to make the it the best it could possibly be for all. Your post is going to be printed and displayed for all associates to see that our efforts are not unnoticed.
Heartfelt Thanks,

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Not happy with our room, smokers in other rooms. The smoke was coming into our room all night long. We complained to front desk several times, they didn't care. House keeping aware of smokers, said management doesn't care. IT'S A NO SMOKING HOTEL! We've called management and yet to have anything done. Then they charged us TWICE on my credit card!

• Stayed: August 2013
Deanna G, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Trussville, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

I regret we were unable to get in touch with you sooner to address your concerns prior to your post. I'm glad we had the opportunity to resolve these issues with you personally.
We are a non-smoking hotel and everyone takes it very seriously. We have a hefty penalty fee for anyone who disregards our no smoking policy.
We assure you this is not typical of an experience here and hope we will have the opportunity to redeem ourselves to you in the future.